Annette Dasch during the Salzburg Festival, 2008
24 March 1976 |
Annette Dasch studied voice at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München with Josef Loibl.
She made her debut at the Bavarian State Opera as the Gänsemagd (Goose girl) in Humperdinck's Königskinder, at La Scala as Elvira in Mozart's Don Giovanni, at the Salzburg Festival 2006 as Aminta in his Il re pastore, staged and conducted by Thomas Hengelbrock, and at the Opéra National de Paris as Antonia in Offenbach's Contes d'Hoffmann. Her performance of Schumann's Genoveva at the Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden under Marc Piollet was recorded live in 2006. In 2007 she sang Elvira at the Berlin State Opera under Daniel Barenboim. She appeared in Salzburg in 2007 as Haydn's Armida, staged by Christof Loy, and in 2008 as Donna Anna in Don Giovanni. She sang the role of Electra in Mozart's Idomeneo, staged by Dieter Dorn and conducted by Kent Nagano, in the reopening in June 2008 of the Cuvilliés Theatre where the opera had been first performed in 1781. Idomeneo was performed by John Mark Ainsley and Ilia by Juliane Banse. Her debut at the Metropolitan Opera in 2009 was the Countess in Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro, conducted by Fabio Luisi. Her debut at the Bayreuther Festspiele was Elsa in Wagner's Lohengrin, staged by Hans Neuenfels and conducted by Andris Nelsons, in the opening night 25 July 2010.
On the concert stage she appeared at the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino in Mendelssohn's Elijah with Seiji Ozawa. She sang in Schumann's Das Paradies und die Peri the Vienna Philharmonic conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt. With the Gächinger Kantorei and the New York Philharmonic under Helmuth Rilling she appeared in Avery Fisher Hall in Handel's Messiah in 2009.
She has a regular show called "Annette's Dasch-Salon" in Berlin, playing with the term "Waschsalon" (laundromat).
- Carl Orff Carmina Burana - Gert Henning-Jensen, Zeljko Lucic, Orfeón Donostiarra, hr-Sinfonieorchester, conductor Hugh Wolff, Rheingau Musik Festival live in Eberbach Abbey, 2002
- Mozart: Il re pastore – Marlis Petersen, Krešimir Špicer, Arpiné Rahdjian, Andreas Karasiak, Balthasar-Neumann-Ensemble, conductor Thomas Hengelbrock, Deutsche Grammophon, DVD 2006
- Benjamin Britten: War Requiem, James Taylor, Christian Gerhaher, Festivalensemble Stuttgart, conductor Helmuth Rilling, hänssler classic, September 2008
- Salzburg Festival Archive 2006
- Annette Dasch on Bach Cantatas website
- Schumann: Genoveva - Opera in Four Acts, Op. 81 - 2CD on Premiere Classical
- Annette Dasch Archived December 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. at New York Philharmonic
- Salzburg Festival Archive 2007
- Annette Dasch on Bayreuther Festspiele
- Salzburg Festival Archive 2008
- Idomeneo Bayerische Staatsoper, Biographies
- Jubel für «Idomeneo» im wiedereröffneten Münchner Cuvilliés-Theater[permanent dead link] ddp, 15 June 2008 (in German)
- Pratfalls at the Palace, Upstairs or Downstairs review by Steve Smith in The New York Times, 5 November 2009
- Messiah Archived 2010-03-06 at the Wayback Machine. New York Philharmonic, 2009
- A Period-Style Taste of a Holiday-Season Staple review by Vivian Schweitzer in The New York Times, 16 December 2009
- Das Lied Archived July 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. The Jury for 2011
- Richard Beaudoin: Works Archived July 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., accessed January 10, 2011
- Vom Urlaub träumen ist auch okay (It's also ok to dream of vacation) Interview in FAZ, 10 June 2008 (in German)
- Annette Dasch at IAAC International Artists Management
- Our guest on 04.10.2009 Annette Dasch, Opera Singer Deutsche Welle, 2009 (in German)
- Entries for recordings by Annette Dasch on WorldCat