Anni-Frid Lyngstad (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Compilation album by Anni-Frid Lyngstad|
|Recorded||11 September 1967 – 23 July 1971|
|Genre||Easy listening, jazz, pop|
|Anni-Frid Lyngstad chronology|
Anni-Frid Lyngstad is the eponymous compilation album by Anni-Frid Lyngstad, released by Emidisc in 1972, after Lyngstad ended her 5-year contract with EMI's Swedish division. All songs on this album are included in the EMI compilation album Frida 1967-1972.
The same year in 1971 that Lyngstad had had her first Svensktoppen number one, "Min Egen Stad", a Swedish language version of the Hep Stars track "It's Nice To Be Back Again", she did not renew her contract with EMI, and was signed to Polar Music to record her first single with the latter independent label. The expiration allowed EMI to release the compilation album, Anni-Frid Lyngstad, under EMI's budget label, Emidisc.
The album opens with "Min Egen Stad" and "En Gång Är Ingen Gång", the B and A-side of Lyngstad's penultimate single, respectfully, whereas the ultimate single she recorded was, 'Vi är alla bara barn i början' , which was not included on this compilation album, for the EMI label before signing with Polar Music, both produced by Benny Andersson and with backing vocals by all four future ABBA members.
- "Min Egen Stad" (Benny Andersson, Peter Himmelstrand) - 3:00
- "En Gång Är Ingen Gång" ("There Goes My Everything") (Dallas Frazier, Stikkan Anderson) - 2:46
- "Försök Och Sov På Saken" ("Surround Yourself With Sorrow") (Bill Martin, Phil Coulter, Bo-Göran Edling) - 2:40
- "Peter Pan" (Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus) - 2:09
- "Räkna De Lyckliga Stunderna Blott (Jules Sylvain, Karl-Ewert) - 2:38
- "Där Du Går Lämnar Kärleken Spår" ("Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)") (Barry Mason, Tony Macaulay, Olle Bergman) - 2:43
- "Härlig Är Vår Jord" (Ivan Renliden) - 2:42
- "Peter Kom Tillbaka" ("Junge, Komm Bald Wieder") (Lotar Olias, Olle Bergman) - 3:07
- "Simsalabim" (Gunnar Sandevärn) - 2:30
- "En Ledig Dag" ("Weekend in Portofino") (Matteo Chiosso, Bruno Defilippi, Bengt Sten) - 2:55
- "Du Är Så Underbart Rar" ("Can't Take My Eyes Off You") (Bob Crewe, Bob Gaudio, B.S. Bimen) - 3:17
- "Så Synd Du Måste Gå" ("Comment te dire adieu?"|"It Hurts To Say Goodbye") (Jack Gold, Arnold Golan, Stikkan Anderson) - 2:24
- "Frida 1967 - 1972". Discogs. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "The Frida Solo Albums". Polar Music International AB. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- "Frida 1967 - 1972 Liner Notes, English translation". Carl Magnus Palm. Retrieved 7 April 2017.