10 December 1956
|Partner(s)||Al Cliver (1975–1978)|
Annie Brilland (born 10 December 1956) is a French actress and social worker. Her acting career began in 1974 and throughout the seventies, has had a series of varied roles in both French and Italian cinema, working with such directors as Jean Rollin, Ruggero Deodato and Joe D'Amato.
Life and career
Belle was born in Paris, France and came from a family of engineers. Acting may have seemed to be an odd career choice for her when she was young but she was quite a natural at it. Belle's acting career began to take shape when she attended the Rue Blanche acting school in Paris under master Virilo. Belle explained this in an interview for the Italian book 99 Donne in the Nineties.
Belle had starred in her first role before she had turned eighteen, in the 1974 Jean Rollin film Tout le Monde il en a Deux (Bacchanales Sexuelles) in which she only had a small role, but a memorable one. Rollin had loved working with Belle so he had decided to cast her in his 1975 film Lévres de Sang (Lips of Blood) and that had been her only times working with the director. Not long after filming Lévres de Sang, Belle moved to Italy and for a brief time became one of the most in demand actresses in Italian exploitation cinema, with having starred in three major films in 1976 alone: Forever Emmanuelle, Blue Belle and Velluto Nero. Blue Belle was one of the key points in Belle's career, a film in which she had a co-writing credit on, calling the director of the movie - Massimo Dallamano "a great professional and a talented man". One of Belle's most controversial films was Velluto Nero. Belle remembers Forever Emmanuelle as a "not very good" film.
In the early 1980s, Belle starred in Italian films The House on the Edge of the Park, which Belle remembers as being very "cruel" and also very "interesting" and two Joe D'Amato films, Absurd and L'alcova.
Belle had a three-year relationship with actor Al Cliver, it lasted between 1975 and 1978. During which, they acted in four films together, Belle's three films from 1976, Forever Emmanuelle, Blue Belle and Velluto Nero and her 1977 film Un Giorno alla fine di Ottobre. After their split they occasionally acted together in films such as Molto di più and L'alcova.
|1974||Tout le Monde il en a Deux||Brigitte||other titles - Bacchanalles Sexuelles, Fly Me the French Way (credited as Annie Brilland)|
|1974||Le Rallye des Joyeuses||(credited as Annie Brilliand)|
|1975||Lèvres de Sang||Jennifer||other title - Lips of Blood (credited as Annie Briand)|
|1976||Forever Emmanuelle||Laure||other title - Laure|
|1976||Blue Belle||Annie Belle||other title - Edge of Innocence (also Co-Writer)|
|1976||Velluto Nero||Pina||other title - Black Emmanuelle, White Emmanuelle|
|1977||Un Giorno alla fine di Ottobre|
|1977||Twilight of Love||Dyanne||other title - The Night of the High Tide|
|1977||Mogliamante||Clara||other title - Wifemistress|
|1980||La Compagna di Viaggio||Jennifer|
|1980||The House on the Edge of the Park||Lisa||other title - La Casa Sperduta nel Parco|
|1981||Absurd||Emily||other titles - Rosso Sangue, Anthropophagus 2, Horrible|
|1982||Nana, the True Key of Pleasure||Rennée de Chéselles|
|1982||That Night in Varennes||prostitute with green stockings|
|1982||Liar's Moon||Nurce Nancy||(credited as Annie Bell)|
|1983||Al Bar dello Sport||Martine - the French prostitute|
|1983||O' Surdato 'Nnammurato||Daniela|
|1984||Uccelli d'Italia||the second slapping actress|
|1984||L'Alcova||Wilma||other title - The Alcove|
|1987||La Croce dalle Sette Pietre||Maria|
|1989||Fuga dalla Morte||Brigitte Garré||(credited as Annie Bell)|
|1981||La Nouvelle malle des Indes||Angèle||TV mini-series|
|1982||Storia d'Amore e d'Amicizia||Marlene||TV series|
|1983||Il Passo Falso||TV movie|
|1984||Quei 36 Gradini||TV mini-series|
|1985||Quo Vadis?||Myriam||TV mini-series|
|1988||A Time of Indifference||TV mini-series|
- "Jean Rollin Filmography". shockingimages.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Ruggero Deodato IMDb Profile". imdb.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Joe D'Amato IMDb Profile". imdb.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Annie Belle Biography". kino-teatr.ru. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Peter West (February 22, 2003)"Horror Talk: Bacchanales Sexuelles". horrortalk.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Nara Moore (2003)"Lévres de Sang at Shocking Images". shockingimages.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Casey Scott"Forever Emmanuelle Review". dvddrive-in.com. Archived from the original on 12 October 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Brain Eater"The House on the Edge of the Park Review". sick-films.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Brian Lindsey (June 15, 2003)"The House on the Edge of the Park DVD Review". eccentric-cinema.com. Archived from the original on 22 November 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Absurd Review". pages.cthome.net. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Horror Express: Absurd Review and Forum". horrorexpress.com. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Jeremy Richey"Jean Rollin: The Collaborators - Annie Belle". requiemforjeanrollin.blogspot.com. Archived from the original on 20 October 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Annie Belle Films". fortunecity.com. Archived from the original on 1 October 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Psychology Degree in France" (PDF). campusfrance.org. 13 October 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 January 2010.
- "Social Work in France" (PDF). docs.china-europa-forum.net. Retrieved 13 October 2010.