||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Annie and John Glenn in 1965
|Born||Anna Margaret Castor
February 17, 1920
Columbus, Ohio, United States
|Alma mater||Muskingum University|
|Spouse(s)||John Glenn (m. 1943)|
In 2015, The Ohio State University renamed 17th Avenue (on its campus) to Annie and John Glenn Avenue. The road is located in close proximity to the John Glenn College of Public Affairs and crosses through the heart of The Ohio State University’s academic core. “While this is a great honor, that’s not what is most important,” John Glenn told OSU's Board of trustees. “Maybe some student will see the sign that’s named after us and realize a lot of things come down the road. With their experiences at Ohio State, they can make the most of those opportunities.” Annie Glenn is an adjunct professor with Ohio State’s Speech Pathology Department. In 2009, the university awarded her an honorary Doctorate of Public Service to recognize her work on the behalf of children and others. The department awards the “Annie Glenn Leadership Award” annually to someone who has displayed innovative and inspirational work in speech/language pathology. 
Organizations of which she is a member include:
- Delta Gamma Theta Sorority (Muskingum College)
- The Ohio Board of Child Abuse
- The Board of Columbus (Ohio) Speech and Hearing Center
- The Society of Sponsors.
- The Board of Trustees of Muskingum College
- The Advisory Panel of the Central Ohio Speech and Hearing Association
- The Advisory Board for the National Center for Survivors of Childhood Abuse
- The Board for the National First Ladies' Library
- The National Deafness and other Communication Disorders Advisory Council of the National Institutes of Health.
Glenn was played by Mary Jo Deschanel in the 1983 movie The Right Stuff. The film highlighted her stuttering problem, particularly in a scene involving then-Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson during the buildup to John Glenn's Friendship 7 flight. In the 2015 ABC-TV series The Astronaut Wives Club, Annie is portrayed by Azure Parsons.
- NSA 24th Annual Conference (2007), pp. 56–57
- "Ohio State to rename 17th Avenue in honor of John and Annie Glenn; The Ohio State University". osu.edu. 2015-11-05. Retrieved 2016-05-26.