Annie Hart (musician)
Annie Hart performing live at Le Poisson Rouge in 2016
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York|
|Labels||Instant Records, Uninhabitable Mansions, Our Secret Record Company, EMI, Moshi Moshi|
|Associated acts||Au Revoir Simone, Uninhabitable Mansions|
Annie Hart is a keyboardist, songwriter and vocalist. She primarily composes and performs in the band Au Revoir Simone. In 2017, she released a solo album entitled Impossible Accomplice. She has contributed vocals to other artists' projects and appeared on the 2017 series of Twin Peaks.
Annie Hart was born on Long Island, New York, and is one of three founding members of synth-pop pioneers Au Revoir Simone. She has been in other groups including Uninhabitable Mansions, featuring members of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and collaborated as a composer with French band Air for their soundtrack to Les Voyages Dans La Lune. In 2017, she began releasing music under her own name apart from Au Revoir Simone and embarked on a world tour.
She has appeared on screen along with the other members of Au Revoir Simone in Episodes 4 and 9 of the 2017 series of Twin Peaks. Her song, "Hard To Be Still," appeared on episode one of the Netflix series, Gypsy, starring Naomi Watts.
Hart's music is considered minimal synth-pop. New York Magazine's Bedford and Bowery describes it as "resonant, tender, and not too sweet". She primarily composes on electric piano and vintage synthesizers.
with Au Revoir Simone
- 2005: Verses of Comfort, Assurance & Salvation (Europe: Moshi Moshi Records, North America: Our Secret Record Company, Japan: Rallye Record Label)
- 2007: The Bird of Music (Europe: Moshi Moshi Records, North America: Our Secret Record Company, Japan: Rallye Record Label)
- 2009: Still Night, Still Light (North America: Our Secret Record Company)
- 2013: Move in Spectrums (Europe: Moshi Moshi Records, North America: Instant Records)
with Uninhabitable Mansions
- 2009: We Misplaced a Cobra in the Uninhabitable Mansion 7-inch single
- 2009: Nature is a Taker LP
with Jeffrey Lewis
- 2011: A Turn In The Dream Songs "Reaching" (Rough Trade)
- 2017: Impossible Accomplice (Instant Records)
- "Group Dynamics". The New York Times > Magazine. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- "Annie Hart Has Come to Grips With Being Happy". Vogue. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- "Songstress Annie Hart says music helped her forgive her younger self". The Scottish Sun. 2017-10-22. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- ""Twin Peaks" Revival to Star Trent Reznor, Sky Ferreira, Eddie Vedder, Sharon Van Etten, More". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- "Annie Hart". AllMusic.
- "Pitchfork – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah Take Break, Not Breaking Up".
- "Gold Flake Paint – New Music: Annie Hart of Au Revoir Simone goes it alone on the wonderful "Hard To Be Still"". 5 June 2017.
- Murray, Noel (2017-05-26). "'Twin Peaks' Season 3, Episodes 3-4 Recap: Falling in Space". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- Ivie, Devon. "Your Guide to All of the Bands in Twin Peaks". Vulture. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- "Music from Gypsy S1E01". Tunefind. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- "Annie Hart Enjoys Making Her Listeners Burst into Tears (in a Good Way)".