Wan was born in 1961 in Hong Kong. In 1982 she received a Diploma in Design from Hong Kong Polytechnic University, followed by a BA in Fine Arts from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1996. In 1999 she earned a Master of Fine Arts from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 2013 “Text · Book”, 1a Space, Hong Kong
- 2003 “Moulding World – Ceramic World by Annie Wan”, Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre, Hong Kong
- 2005 “Moulding World – A Summer in Denmark”, the Habitus, Hong Kong
- 2001 “Rediscovery”, the First Institute of Art and Design Gallery, Hong Kong
- 2000 “Blue and White”, Gallerie Martini, Hong Kong
- 1999 “Longing and Rediscovery, Hui Gallery, CUHK
- 1998 “Ceramic Works by Wan Lai Kuen”, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Hong Kong
Wan's work is included in the permanent collections of the University of Salford and the Burger Collection. Her works are also held by the collections of The Hong Kong Museum of Art, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum, the New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum, Taiwan and Guldageraard, Denmark.
- "Burger Collection - Artist". www.burgercollection.org.
- "Hong Kong Art Archive". finearts.hku.hk.
- "Annie Wan Lai-Kuen: Unfolding in slow motion". ArtAsiaPacific (95).
- "Ms. Wan Lai Kuen, Annie - Academy of Visual Arts". Academy of Visual Arts. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "Test. Book - Solo Exhibition by Annie Wan Lai-kuen". 2 April 2013.
- "Annie Lai-kuen Wan, Lost in Biliterate and Trilingual-University of Salford Art Collection". artcollection.salford.ac.uk.
- "Upcoming Events - Art Central - 'Moulding Reality': an encounter with Annie Wan Lai-kuen - Booth F6 - Karin Weber Gallery - Hong Kong Art Gallery Association - Official Website". www.hk-aga.org.