Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage
|Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage|
|Publisher(s)||Bottle Rocket Studios|
|Release||iOS (iPod Touch and iPhone-optimized)
Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage is a video game based on the popular comedy web series The Annoying Orange. It was released for the iPod Touch and iPhone on April 7, 2011 and in HD for the iPad on May 6, 2011 on iTunes. On October 14, 2011, along with the release of the episode Microwave Effect, the game was released for Android devices on the Amazon Appstore. In December 2011, an updated Christmas version of the game was released, including 2 new characters Fred FiggleCorn and Fruitcake. Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage Lite, the free version of the game, was released on March 2, 2012.
The object of the game is to throw various produce items across the kitchen and land them in a series of blenders before time runs out. The player is given apples and bananas to begin the game. When the second level is reached, tomatoes are added, while Level 3 adds cantaloupes, Level 4 pineapples, Level 5 adds strawberries, and Level 6 adds Fred FiggleCorn. At various moments in the game, a player can earn bonus points by tossing a piece of produce onto a cutting board, where Knife will cut them, or into an exhaust fan, and can also earn extra bonus time by throwing a particular fruit into a cabinet.
Unlike the show, the game was well received by critics. Phillip Levin reviewed the iPhone version of the game for 148Apps on April 29, 2011 and gave the game three stars. He said that it was "not a bad game, but not something you’re going to fall in love with, either. Unless, of course, you’re a huge fan of the Annoying Orange character; in which case, we’re sorry." Common Sense Media reviewer Jonathan H. Liu gave it four stars and a rating for ages 13 and up due to its cartoon violence and gore. He stated it worked more "like the Paper Toss app", however, the player is "aiming for blenders, cutting boards, and oven fans."
- The Annoying Orange
- The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange (TV series)
- Annoying Orange: Splatter Up (Annoying Orange's second video game.)
- "Annoying Orange Kitchen Carnage Lite iPhone App Review". APPSMeNow. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- "Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad on the iTunes Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2011-09-23. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- PopCap Games, Inc. "Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage: Appstore for Android". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- Levin, Phillip. "A weird kitchen-themed arcade game that uses Annoying Orange to good effect.". 148Apps. Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- Cohen, Joshua (April 7, 2011). "Annoying Orange Gets an iPhone Game, ‘Kitchen Carnage’". tubefitler.com. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- H. Liu, Jonathan. "Fruit-based gore in fun, challenging Paper Toss-like game.". Common Sense Media. Retrieved 2011-07-27.