Annual events in Toronto
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Numerous festivals, shows and exhibitions are held annually in Toronto. They include:
- Cabbagetown Forsythia Festival - Held the first Sunday in May.
- Doors Open Toronto
- Science Rendezvous
- Anime North - Usually held the weekend following Victoria Day, although some times during the long weekend.
- Walk for Values in Yonge-Dundas Square
- Toronto Comic Arts Festival at Toronto Reference Library
- Luminato a festival of arts and creativity established in 2007
- North by Northeast, an annual five-day live music and film festival and music conference
- Pride Week is the world's second largest gay pride festival
- Toronto Downtown Jazz Festival - various indoors and located throughout the downtown core
- MuchMusic Video Awards
- Toronto International Dragon Boat Festival - Centre Island
- Fête de la Musique (World Music Day) - June 21 annually. Musicians from all over the world perform free concerts throughout the city
- Taste of Toronto - The beautiful Fort York National Historic Site is the setting for one of the top global food festivals
- VRTO Virtual & Augmented Reality World Conference & Expo is the "largest virtual reality conference on the Eastern Seaboard" that takes place the 3rd week of June, annually.
- Toronto Fringe Festival, Toronto's largest theatre festival
- Honda Indy Toronto at Exhibition Place
- Caribana is North America's largest street festival, showcasing Caribbean/West Indian culture (in some years early August).
- AFROFEST - North America's largest African music festival
- Beaches International Jazz Festival - The Beaches
- ConBravo! fandom convention
- Brickfete LEGO Fan Festival
- Rogers Cup - An ATP World Tour Masters 1000 and WTA Tour Premier 5 tennis tournament held annually since 1881.
- The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE, or "the Ex").
- The Taste of the Danforth festival showcases the mostly Greek culture of The Danforth and has expanded to include other cultures of the area.
- Fan Expo Canada
- The Canadian International Air Show -off CNE grounds over Lake Ontario
- The Terry Fox Run
- The Toronto International Film Festival is considered one of the big three global film events, with Cannes and Berlin, with more screens and more films than either.
- Cabbagetown Fall Festival, - Held the second weekend in September.
- FIVARS Festival of International Virtual & Augmented Reality Stories third week September
- Virgin Festival, based on the British festival
- Word on the Street - Canada’s largest, annual outdoor book and magazine festival
- Taste of the Kingsway - September 9-11. A celebration of food and music, the Taste of the Kingsway festival is a family-friendly way to honour the community.
- Roncesvalles Polish Festival - September 16-17. North America's largest celebration of Polish culture.
- Nuit Blanche
- The Toronto Waterfront Marathon - One of just five IAAF Gold Label marathons in North America, run along the waterfront starting and ending in downtown Toronto
- The Toronto After Dark Film Festival
- The Toronto Santa Claus Parade (Started in 1904 with just a single float, it now boasts over 24 floats, 24 bands, and 1700 participants. It is one of the biggest productions in North America, and broadcast to many countries around the world.)
- Cavalcade of Lights.
- The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, an annual fall fair started in 1922.
- Indie Week Canada - Annual Music Festival + Film Festival + Industry Conference - 200 Acts, 6 Nights, 20+ Venues - since 2003 - www.canada.indieweek.com
- Huffington Post The Future of Tech Just Changed at VRTO—Here’s Why That Matters to You