Annual events in Toronto
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Numerous festivals, shows and exhibitions are held annually in Toronto. They include:
- Cabbagetown Forsythia Festival - Held the first Sunday in May.
- Doors Open Toronto
- Science Rendezvous
- Anime North - Usually held the weekend following Victoria Day, although some times during the long weekend.
- Toronto Comic Arts Festival at Toronto Reference Library
- Luminato a festival of arts and creativity established in 2007
- North by Northeast, an annual five-day live music and film festival and music conference
- Pride Week a large gay pride festival
- Toronto Downtown Jazz Festival - various indoors and located throughout the downtown core
- MuchMusic Video Awards
- Toronto International Dragon Boat Festival - Centre Island
- Fête de la Musique (World Music Day) - June 21 annually. Musicians from all over the world perform free concerts throughout the city
- The Taste of Little Italy
- Taste of Toronto - The Fort York National Historic Site is the setting for one of the top global food festivals
- VRTO Virtual & Augmented Reality World Conference & Expo - a virtual reality conference that takes place the 3rd week of June, annually.
- World Naked Bike Ride, annually since June 2004.
- Toronto Fringe Festival, Toronto's largest theatre festival
- Honda Indy Toronto at Exhibition Place
- Caribana is North America's largest street festival, showcasing Caribbean/West Indian culture (in some years early August).
- AFROFEST - North America's largest African music festival
- Beaches International Jazz Festival - The Beaches
- ConBravo! fandom convention
- Brickfete LEGO Fan Festival
- Rogers Cup - An ATP World Tour Masters 1000 and WTA Tour Premier 5 tennis tournament held annually since 1881.
- The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE, or "the Ex").
- The Taste of the Danforth festival showcases the mostly Greek culture of The Danforth and has expanded to include other cultures of the area.
- Fan Expo Canada
- The Canadian International Air Show -off CNE grounds over Lake Ontario
- The Terry Fox Run
- The Toronto International Film Festival is considered one of the big three global film events, with Cannes and Berlin, with more screens and more films than either.
- Cabbagetown Fall Festival, - Held the second weekend in September.
- FIVARS Festival of International Virtual & Augmented Reality Stories third week September
- Virgin Festival, based on the British festival
- Word on the Street - Canada's largest, annual outdoor book and magazine festival
- Taste of the Kingsway - September 6–8, 2019. A celebration of food and music, the Taste of the Kingsway festival is a family-friendly way to honour the community.
- Roncesvalles Polish Festival - September 14–15, 2019. North America's largest celebration of Polish culture.
- Nuit Blanche
- The Toronto Waterfront Marathon - One of just five IAAF Gold Label marathons in North America, run along the waterfront starting and ending in downtown Toronto
- The Toronto After Dark Film Festival
- The Canadian FinTech Awards. An annual Gala Awards Dinner to celebrate Canadian Innovation, which was started in 2015.
- The Toronto Santa Claus Parade (Started in 1904 with just a single float, it now boasts 32 floats, 24 bands, and 2000 participants. It is one of the biggest productions in North America, and broadcast to many countries around the world.)
- Cavalcade of Lights.
- The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, an annual fall fair started in 1922.