Anoka County–Blaine Airport
|Anoka County–Blaine Airport
|IATA: none – ICAO: KANE – FAA LID: ANE|
|Owner||Metropolitan Airports Commission|
|Elevation AMSL||912 ft / 278 m|
|Statistics (Year ending 5-31-13)|
Anoka County–Blaine Airport (ICAO: KANE, FAA LID: ANE), also known as Janes Field, is a public use airport in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States. Owned by Metropolitan Airports Commission, it is 10 nautical miles (19 km) north of the central business district of Minneapolis. The airport is located in the city of Blaine.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ANE by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned ANE to Marcé Airport near Angers, France).
Facilities and aircraft
Anoka County–Blaine Airport covers an area of 1,900 acres (769 ha) at an elevation of 912 feet (278 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 9/27 is 5,000 by 100 feet (1,524 x 30 m) and 18/36 is 4,855 by 100 feet (1,480 x 30 m).
The non-federal control tower is open 0700-2100 local time in winter months (from October to April) and 0700-2200 local time in summer months (from May to September).
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2009, the airport had 195,650 aircraft operations, an average of 536 per day: 99% general aviation, 1% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 386 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine, 13% multi-engine, 3% jet, and 2% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ANE – Anoka County–Blaine Arpt (Janes Field) ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Anoka County–Blaine Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KANE, FAA: ANE)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (ANE – City: Angers, Airport: Marce)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- Golden Wings Flying Museum
- American Wings Air Museum
- Anoka County–Blaine Airport (Jane's Field) at Metropolitan Airports Commission
- PDF (260 KB) at Minnesota DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of April 1991 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective November 12, 2015
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ANE, effective November 12, 2015
- Resources for this airport: