Anoka County–Blaine Airport
|Anoka County–Blaine Airport
|Owner||Metropolitan Airports Commission|
|Serves||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Location||Blaine, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Elevation AMSL||912 ft / 278 m|
Anoka County–Blaine Airport (ICAO: KANE, FAA LID: ANE), also known as Janes Field, is a public use airport in Anoka County, Minnesota, United States. Owned by Metropolitan Airports Commission, it is 10 nautical miles (19 km) north of the central business district of Minneapolis. The airport is located in the city of Blaine.
This airport is assigned a three-letter location identifier of ANE by the Federal Aviation Administration, but it does not have an International Air Transport Association (IATA) airport code (the IATA assigned ANE to Angers – Marcé Airport in France).
Facilities and aircraft
Anoka County–Blaine Airport covers an area of 1,900 acres (769 ha) at an elevation of 912 feet (278 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 9/27 is 5,000 by 100 feet(1,524 x 30 m) and 18/36 is 4,855 by 100 feet (1,480 x 30 m).
The non-federal control tower is open 0700-2100 local time in winter months (from October to April) and 0700-2200 local time in summer months (from May to September).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2015, the airport had 70,202 aircraft operations, an average of 192 per day: 92% general aviation, 7% air taxi and just less than 1% military. In May 2017, there were 328 aircraft based at this airport: 272 single-engine, 38 multi-engine, 10 jet and 8 helicopter.
The airport is home to the FBO Lynx FBO Network.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ANE – Anoka County–Blaine Arpt (Janes Field) ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective May 25, 2017.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Anoka County–Blaine Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KANE, FAA: ANE)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Marce Airport (IATA: ANE, ICAO: LFJR)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Golden Wings Flying Museum
- American Wings Air Museum Archived May 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Anoka County–Blaine Airport (Jane's Field) at Metropolitan Airports Commission
- "Anoka County/Blaine Airport (Janes Field)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-09-24. (260 KB) at Minnesota DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of April 1991 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective January 4, 2018
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ANE, effective January 4, 2018
- Resources for this airport: