|Studio album by Eric Clapton|
|Released||February 17, 1981|
|Eric Clapton chronology|
|Singles from Another Ticket|
Another Ticket is a 1981 album by Eric Clapton. Recorded and produced by Tom Dowd at the Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas with Albert Lee, it was Clapton's last album for Polydor Records. It received moderate reviews and achieved modest commercial success peaking at 18 in the UK charts.
It was his last album for Polydor Records. Another Ticket was recorded at the Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas and features fellow guitarist and country legend, Albert Lee. The album was originally released as a gramophone record, accompanied by a music cassette. In 1990 the album was released on compact disc format and was made available for digital music download in 1996.
The studio album was successful in the charts, reaching the Top 40 in seven countries, three of which, it peaked in the Top 10. In New Zealand, the release reached its highest position on number three. In Norway and in the United States, Another Ticket placed itself on positions five and seven. In the United Kingdom, the release placed itself on position 18. In Germany and Sweden, the album reached number 26. In the Netherlands, Another Ticket peaked at 38.
In a retrospective review for AllMusic, William Ruhlmann feels that the album is "star-crossed", "not too shabby", and while it "wasn't great Clapton" it should have got more notice than it did. Rolling Stone journalist John Piccarella notes: "It's about murder. As an artist often criticized for mellowing out, Eric Clapton has succeeded in making very popular music from an authentic and deeply tragic blues sensibility. He addresses both the heart and the charts in the same way: with a bullet."
|1.||"Something Special"||Eric Clapton||2:36|
|2.||"Black Rose"||Troy Seals, Eddie Setser||3:44|
|3.||"Blow Wind Blow"||Muddy Waters||2:58|
|4.||"Another Ticket"||Eric Clapton||5:43|
|5.||"I Can't Stand It"||Eric Clapton||4:07|
|6.||"Hold Me Lord"||Eric Clapton||3:27|
|7.||"Floating Bridge"||Sleepy John Estes||6:32|
|8.||"Catch Me If You Can"||Gary Brooker, Eric Clapton||4:24|
|9.||"Rita Mae"||Eric Clapton||5:03|
|Dutch Albums (MegaCharts)||38|
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||26|
|New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)||3|
|Norwegian Albums (VG-lista)||5|
|Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)||26|
|UK Albums (OCC)||18|
|US Billboard 200||7|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Another Ticket – Eric Clapton | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "ANOTHER TICKET". whereseric.com. Where's Eric!. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Another Ticket – Eric Clapton | Releases | AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Eric Clapton Another Ticket Album Review | Rolling Stone". John Piccarella. Rolling Stone. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Eric Clapton – Another Ticket" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Longplay-Chartverfolgung at Musicline" (in German). Musicline.de. Phononet GmbH. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Charts.org.nz – Eric Clapton – Another Ticket". Hung Medien. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Eric Clapton – Another Ticket". Hung Medien. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Eric Clapton – Another Ticket". Hung Medien. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Eric Clapton | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Eric Clapton – Another Ticket | Awards | AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Canadian album certifications – Eric Clapton – Another Ticket". Music Canada. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "American album certifications – Eric Clapton – Another Ticket". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 17, 2015. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH