Another Town, Another Train
|"Another Town, Another Train"|
Sleeve of Japanese release
|Single by ABBA|
|from the album Ring Ring|
|B-side||"People Need Love"|
|Recorded||Late 1972 to early 1973 at KMH Studios|
|ABBA singles chronology|
The song was released as a 7" vinyl single in Japan in 1973 to promote the group's debut album Ring Ring. "Another Town, Another Train" was also released as a single on Playboy Records in the USA as a follow-up to the group's first single "People Need Love".
Written and performed in the style of Simon and Garfunkel and The Bachelors, the melodic ballad tells of the song's narrator leaving his love as "day is dawning". It was recorded in German under the title "Wer im Wartesaal der Liebe steht" (with lyrics by Fred Jay), as the B-side to the German version of "Ring Ring". With lyrics in Swedish, "En annan stad, en annan vän", it was covered by dance band Schytts in 1974, and by fellow Eurovision participant Kikki Danielsson in 1991 on her album "Vägen hem till dej".
- "Another Town, Another Train" (English version)
- "Wer im Wartesaal der Liebe steht" (German version)
- A Swedish country band called Nashville Train (which included some of ABBA's own backing band members) covered the song in 1977 on their album ABBA Our Way, released on the Polar Music label in Sweden.
- Scott, Robert (2002) 'ABBA: Thank You for the Music - The Stories Behind Every Song', Carlton Books Limited: Great Britain, p. 26
- Information at Svensk mediedatabas
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|