Another World (Brian May album)
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by Brian May|
|Released||1 June 1998 (UK)
15 September 1998 (US)
|Brian May chronology|
|Singles from Another World|
Another World is the second studio album by Queen guitarist Brian May. Recorded at his home studio after the completion of the last Queen album, Made in Heaven, the album was released in the UK on 1 June 1998 and on 15 September of that year in the US. The album itself started as a cover album. The "Heroes" concept was to record his favourite tracks from his favourite artists, but the idea soon mutated into a full album. Some of the covers found their place on the album, whilst others were released as B-sides to singles and on the Another World tour promo CD. Brian May was on the Alas Smith and Jones show advertising the album.
Drummer Cozy Powell died in a car accident before the album was completed.
All songs written and composed by Brian May, except where noted.
- "Space" - 0:47
- "Business" - 5:07
- "China Belle" - 4:01
- "Why Don't We Try Again" - 5:24
- "On My Way Up" - 2:57
- "Cyborg" - 3:54
- "The Guv'nor" - 4:13
- "Wilderness" - 4:52
- "Slow Down" (Larry Williams) - 4:18
- "One Rainy Wish" (Jimi Hendrix) - 4:05
- "All the Way from Memphis" (Ian Hunter) - 5:16
- "Another World" - 7:30
- The song "Another World" ends at 4:05, then after a minute of silence, starting at 5:05, a hidden track plays, consisting of the piano part of "Business". This is not included on the Japanese edition of the album.
- "F.B.I" (Hank Marvin) (Japan exclusive bonus track)
- "Hot Patootie" (Richard O'Brien) (Japan exclusive bonus track)
- Brian May - vocals, guitars, keyboards, bass guitar, programming
- Cozy Powell - drums on "Business", "China Belle", "The Guv'nor", "Slow Down", "One Rainy Wish", and "All The Way From Memphis", drums and percussion on "Why Don't We Try Again?"
- Steve Ferrone - drums on "Another World"
- Neil Murray - bass guitar on "China Belle", "Slow Down", "One Rainy Wish", and "All The Way From Memphis"
- Ken Taylor - bass guitar on "Another World"
- Jamie Moses - guitar on "Slow Down"
- Spike Edney - keyboards on "Slow Down"
- London Metropolitan Orchestra - strings on "One Rainy Wish", conducted by Michael Kamen
- Cathy Porter - backing vocals on "On My Way Up"
- Shelley Preston - backing vocals on "On My Way Up" and "All The Way From Memphis"
- Nikki Love - backing vocals on "All The Way From Memphis"
- Becci Glover - backing vocals on "All The Way From Memphis"
- Taylor Hawkins - drums on "Cyborg"
- Jeff Beck - guitar on "The Guv'nor"
- Ian Hunter - guest raconteur on "All The Way From Memphis"
- Arrangement and Production by Brian May
- Engineering and Co-Production by Justin Shirley-Smith
- Recorded at the Allerton Hill Studio
- Mastered by Kevin Metcalfe at Townhouse Studios
- Executive management - Jim Beach
- Management, therapy, day care - Julie Glover
- Design and photography - Richard Gray
- Equipment supervision, maintenance, stuff - Pete Malandrone