(Redirected from Anoxic)
|Look up anoxia, anoxic, or anoxically in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term anoxia means a total depletion in the level of oxygen, an extreme form of hypoxia or "low oxygen". The terms anoxia and hypoxia are used in various contexts:
- Anoxic waters, sea water, fresh water or groundwater that are depleted of dissolved oxygen
- Anoxic event, when the Earth's oceans become completely depleted of oxygen below the surface levels
- Euxinic, anoxic conditions in the presence of hydrogen sulfide
- Hypoxia (environmental), low oxygen conditions
- Hypoxia (medical), when the body or a region of the body is deprived of adequate oxygen supply
- Cerebral anoxia, when the brain is completely deprived of oxygen, an extreme form of cerebral hypoxia
- Anoxia (beetle), a genus of scarab beetles
- Oxygen saturation, a relative measure of the oxygen dissolved or carried in a medium; a measure of the severity of hypoxic conditions
- Oxygen toxicity (hyperoxia), the opposite condition of hypoxia, an excess of oxygen in body tissues
- Oxygen-free (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anoxia.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.