Anson Adams Mount IV|
February 25, 1973
Mount Prospect, Illinois, U.S.
University of the South (BA)|
Columbia University (MFA)
Anson Adams Mount IV (born February 25, 1973) is an American actor. He portrayed the fictional character Cullen Bohannon in the AMC western drama series Hell on Wheels. He was also cast in the role of Jim Steele on the short-lived NBC series Conviction and appeared in the film Tully (2000). He was recently cast as the Marvel Comics superhero Black Bolt in Marvel's Inhumans (2017). On April 9, 2018, it was announced that Mount will have a recurring role as Captain Christopher Pike of the USS Enterprise in season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.
Mount was born in Mount Prospect, Illinois and grew up in White Bluff, Tennessee. His mother, Nancy Smith, is a former professional golfer. His father, Anson Adams Mount II, was one of the original contributing editors to Playboy magazine. Anson has an older brother, Anson Adams III, and two sisters, Kristin and Elizabeth, from his father's first marriage. Mount's great-great-great grandfather was a Confederate cavalry colonel in the Civil War.
On July 8, 2017, Anson announced his engagement to his longtime girlfriend, photographer Darah Trang, and they  were married on February 20, 2018. The couple currently resides in Brooklyn, New York  with their dogs, Jax, Mac, and Betty Lou.
|2000||Urban Legends: Final Cut||Toby Belcher|
|2000||Tully||Tully Coates Jr.|
|2002||Crossroads||Ben Kimble||Nominated – Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screen Combo (shared with Britney Spears)|
Nominated – Teen Choice Award for Best Chemistry (shared with Britney Spears)
|2002||City by the Sea||Dave Simon|
|2003||The Battle of Shaker Heights||Mine Weber|
|2004||The Warrior Class||Alec Brno|
|2005||In Her Shoes||Todd|
|2006||All the Boys Love Mandy Lane||Garth|
|2006||Walk the Talk||Larry|
|2006||Hood of Horror||Tex Jr|
|2008||The Two Mr. Kissels||Robert Kissel||TV movie|
|2011||Straw Dogs||Coach Stan Milkens|
|2012||Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden||Cherry||TV movie|
|2015||Mr. Right||Richard Cartigan|
|1999||Ally McBeal||Kevin Wah||Episode: "Civil War"|
|1999||Sex and The City||Gregory||Episode: "Twenty-Something Girls vs. Thirty-Something Women"|
|2000–2001||Third Watch||Dr. Montville|
|2003||Smallville||Paul Hayden||Episode: "Precipice"|
|2003||Line of Fire||Roy Ravelle|
|2004||CSI: Miami||Tony Macken||Episode: "Not Landing"|
|2004–2005||The Mountain||Will Carver|
|2005||Lost||Kevin||Episode: "Man of Science, Man of Faith"|
|2007||Law & Order||Reverend James Sterling||Episode: "Church"|
|2007||The Cure||Darren Elliot|
|2009||Dollhouse||Episode: "Gray Hour"|
|2011–2016||Hell On Wheels||Cullen Bohannon||Lead Role|
|2013||Red Widow||Evan Walraven||3 Episodes|
|2017||Inhumans||Black Bolt||Lead role|
|2019||Star Trek: Discovery||Captain Christopher Pike||Series regular|
|2014||The Evil Within||Sebastian Castellanos|||
|2015||The Assignment||Sebastian Castellanos||Cameo (DLC)|
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 28, 2017). "'Marvel's Inhumans': 'Hell On Wheels' Anson Mount To Star As Black Bolt In ABC Series". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 28, 2017. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- Goldberg, Leslie (April 9, 2018). "'Star Trek: Discovery' Enlists Anson Mount As Captain Kirk's Predecessor". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "Mount's beard perfect target for 'Line of Fire'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Anne D'Arminio, Aubry. "Anson Mount". Allmovie. Retrieved 2011-03-27.
- "Playboy Executive Tells Hefner Empire Details". The StarPhoenix. 14 June 1968.
- "Anson Mount Q&A". Amctv.com. 2011-11-06. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Anson Mount on Instagram: "SHE SAID MAYBE!!!"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Anson Mount on Instagram: "Done went'n did it"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Anson Mount - The Daily Beast". n.d. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Anson Mount on Instagram: "Did someone say food?Happy #JaxAndMacMonday..."". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "The Evil Within Voice Cast Announced by Bethesda in New Video, Includes Familiar Hollywood Names". PlayStation LifeStyle.