Anstead Bushland Reserve, 2012
|Population||1,527 (2011 Census)|
|• Density||122.2/km2 (316.4/sq mi)|
|Area||12.5 km2 (4.8 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane
Anstead is an outer western suburb of the City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It is located 16 kilometres (10 mi) south-west of the Brisbane CBD. Anstead is on the northern bank of the Brisbane River.
Anstead is named after the original land owner John Anstead, a timber getter and quarry master in the 1860s. Anstead was officially gazetted in 1975, prior to which it was part of the suburb of Moggill.
In the 2011 Census the population of Anstead is 1,527, 50.4% female and 49.6% male. The median/average age of the Anstead population is 39 years of age, 2 years above the Australian average. 73.4% of people living in Anstead were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 7.8%, South Africa 3.5%, New Zealand 3.3%, Scotland 1%, United States of America 0.9%. 92.4% of people speak English as their first language 0.8% Afrikaans, 0.7% French, 0.6% Mandarin, 0.5% Hindi, 0.5% Serbian.
An alternative location for a bridge to replace Moggill Ferry is proposed within the Moggill Pocket Arterial Road Transport Corridor. Land has been set aside by the Queensland government as a future transport corridor passing through the suburbs of Kenmore, Pullenvale, Anstead and Karalee to connect the Centenary Highway at Fig Tree Pocket, Queensland with the Warrego Highway at North Tivoli. The corridor was identified in the 1960s and planned and preserved in the late 1970s. It has not been determined whether or not local traffic on and off-ramp access to the arterial road will be provided. Community feelings over the transport corridor are similar to those expressed over the Moggill Ferry/Bridge debate. As of 2010, there is no date or funding provided to commence the construction of the Moggill Pocket Arterial Road Transport Corridor.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Anstead (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Anstead (entry 41502)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Queensland Department of Transport & Main Roads Moggill Pocket Arterial Road/Moggill-Warrego Highway Connection. Retrieved 19 September 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anstead, Queensland.|
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Anstead
- "Anstead". BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008.
- "Anstead". Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 1 April 2008.
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|