|Population||1,509 (2016 census)|
|• Density||105.5/km2 (273.3/sq mi)|
|Area||14.3 km2 (5.5 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||21.1 km (13 mi) WSW of Brisbane GPO|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane|
The suburb is bounded to the west by the northern bank of Dalys Reach (Brisbane River. The Moggill Conservation Park occupies the north of the suburb. Historically a rural area, it is now predominantly rural residential with small areas of land in the west of the suburb being either undeveloped or used for grazing on native vegetation.) of the
Anstead is named after the original land owner John Anstead, a timber getter and quarry master in the 1860s. Anstead was officially gazetted in 1975, prior to which it was part of the suburb of Moggill.
In the 2016 census, Anstead recorded a population of 1,509 people, 50.5% female and 49.5% male. The median age of the Anstead population was 41 years, 3 years above the national median of 38. 72.3% of people were born in Australia. The next most common country of birth was England at 8.5%. 90.1% of people only spoke English at home. The most common responses for religion were No Religion 34.4%, Catholic 19.5%, Anglican 16.3% and Uniting Church 8.8%.
An alternative location for a bridge to replace Moggill Ferry is proposed within the Moggill Pocket Arterial Road Transport Corridor. Land has been set aside by the Queensland government as a future transport corridor passing through the suburbs of Kenmore, Pullenvale, Anstead and Karalee to connect the Centenary Highway at Fig Tree Pocket, Queensland with the Warrego Highway at North Tivoli. The corridor was identified in the 1960s and planned and preserved in the late 1970s. It has not been determined whether or not local traffic on and off-ramp access to the arterial road will be provided. Community feelings over the transport corridor are similar to those expressed over the Moggill Ferry/Bridge debate. As of 2010, there is no date or funding provided to commence the construction of the Moggill Pocket Arterial Road Transport Corridor.
There are no schools in Anstead. The nearest primary school is Moggill State School in neighbouring Moggill to the south. The nearest secondary school is Kenmore State High School in Kenmore to the north-east.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Anstead (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Pullenvale Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Anstead – suburb in City of Brisbane (entry 41502)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Brisbane GPO to Anstead". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Dalys Reach – reach in City of Brisbane (entry 48211)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- Queensland Department of Transport & Main Roads Moggill Pocket Arterial Road/Moggill-Warrego Highway Connection Archived 9 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 19 September 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anstead, Queensland.|