António Costa Pinto
Research Professor at the Institute of Social Sciences (ICS) of the University of Lisbon, and Professor of Politics and Contemporary European History at the Lisbon University Institute (ISCTE-IUL), Portugal. He has been a visiting professor at Stanford University, Georgetown University, a senior associate member at St Antony's College, Oxford, and a senior visiting fellow at Princeton University and at the University of California, Berkeley. From 1999 to 2011 he has been a regular visiting professor at the Institut d'Études Politiques de Paris. He was president of the Portuguese Political Science Association (2006-2010) and his research interests include authoritarianism, political elites, democratization and transitional justice in new democracies, the European Union, and the comparative study of political change in Southern Europe. He is a regular contributor to the mainstream international and Portuguese media on Southern European politics.
- A Vaga Corporativa. Corporativismo e Ditaduras na Europa e América Latina (Lisbon: Imprensa de Ciências Sociais, 2016) (edited with Francisco Palomanes Martinho).
- Os Camisas Azuis e Salazar. Rolão Preto e o Fascismo em Portugal (Lisbon, Edições 70, 2015).
- The Ends of European Colonial Empires: Cases and Comparisons (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series) (Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015)(edited with Miguel Bandeira Jerónimo). 
- Rethinking Fascism and Dictatorship in Europe (Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014)(edited with Aristotle Kallis).
- The Portuguese Republic at One Hundred (Berkeley: Institute of European Studies-UC Berkeley, 2012).
- The Nature of Fascism Revisited (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 2012).
- The Europeanization of Portuguese Democracy (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 2012) (edited with Nuno Severiano Teixeira).
- Dealing with the Legacy of Authoritarianism: The "Politics of the Past" in Southern European Democracies (London: Routledge, 2011) (edited with Leonardo Morlino).
- Rethinking the Nature of Fascism (New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011).
- Contemporary Portugal. Politics, society and culture, 2nd Edition (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 2011).
- Ruling Elites and Decision-Making in Fascist-Era Dictatorships (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 2009).
- Charisma and Fascism in Inter-war Europe (London: Routledge, 2007) (edited with Roger Eatwell and Stein U. Larsen).
- The Last Empire: Thirty Years of Portuguese Decolonisation (Bristol: Intellect, 2003) (edited with Stewart Lloyd-Jones).
- Who Governs Southern Europe? Regime Change and Ministerial Recruitment (London: Routledge, 2003) (edited with Pedro Tavares de Almeida and Nancy Bermeo).
- Southern Europe and the Making of the European Union (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 2003) (edited with Nuno Severiano Teixeira).
- The Blue Shirts: Portuguese Fascism in Inter-war Europe (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 2000).
- Salazar’s Dictatorship and European Fascism: Problems of Interpretation (New York, NY: SSM-Columbia University Press, 1995).