||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ant is a hip hop producer whose full name is Anthony Davis.
He is best known as being one half of the hip hop group Atmosphere, but has worked with many other artists and projects, mostly with Rhymesayers Entertainment, such as Brother Ali, I Self Devine, Felt and The Dynospectrum. He has also released two solo albums, Melodies and Memories, and Melodies and Memories 85–89.
Ant started to become interested in DJing at a very young age. He would watch his father DJ in the army while he would picture himself as Grandmaster Flash. Years later he would start to use producing and DJing as much more than a hobby. The first CD that he worked on was Comparison by Beyond, later known by Sab the Artist, in 1996. While producing that album, he met Sean Daley (Slug) and they later worked together. With one exception (Lucy Ford: The Atmosphere EPs), Ant has produced every Atmosphere album in full. He also works with various artists that are a part of Rhymesayers Entertainment (including full production of three Brother Ali albums) and many more. After finishing his 5th studio album with Atmosphere he was previously on tour promoting.
- 2001 – Melodies and Memories
- 2005 – Melodies and Memories 85–89
with Atmosphere (for more information see Atmosphere Discography)
- Overcast! EP (1997)
- Overcast! (1997)
- Lucy Ford: The Atmosphere EPs (2001)
- God Loves Ugly (2002)
- Seven's Travels (2003)
- Headshots: SE7EN (2005)
- You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having (2005)
- Happy Clown Bad Dub 8/Fun EP (2006)
- 3:16 Walk Like a Man (2005) Ant produces the track "Love is a Pimp"
- Sad Clown Bad Summer 9 (2007)
- Sad Clown Bad Fall 10 (2007)
- Sad Clown Bad Winter 11 (2007)
- Strictly Leakage (2007)
- Sad Clown Bad Spring 12 (2008)
- When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold (2008)
- Leak at Will (2009)
- To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy: The Atmosphere EP's (2010)
- The Family Sign (2011)
- Southsiders (2014)
- Fishing Blues (2016)
production for Brother Ali
- Shadows on the Sun (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2003)
- The Champion EP (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2004)
- The Undisputed Truth (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2007)
- Us (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2009)
- Felt, Vol. 2: A Tribute to Lisa Bonet (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2005)
- Beyond – Comparison (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 1996)
- Dynospectrum – Dynospectrum (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 1998)
- Agape – Many Rooms (2000)
- Kanser – Network (Interlock Records, 2007) Ant produces the track "612"
- Deep Puddle Dynamics – The Taste Of Rain... Why Kneel (anticon, 1999) Ant produces the track "The Scarecrow Speaks"
- Musab – Respect The Life (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2002) Ant produces the tracks "Posin'", "Cut Throat", "Extravagant", "In My World", "Powerite", "Make Believe", "Fools Paradise", and "Falling Apart"
- Murs – The End Of The Beginning... (definitive jux, 2002) Ant produces the tracks "18/w A Bullet (Remix)" & "Got Damned"
- The Planets – The Opening (Red Sea Records, 2002) Ant produces the track "Global"
- MF DOOM – Mmm...Leftovers (Rhymesayers Entertainment, 2004) Ant remixes the track "Hoe Cakes"
- Sage Francis – Human the Death Dance (Epitaph Records, 2007) Ant produces the track "High Step"
- Traditional Methods – Falling Forward (Interlock Records, 2004) Ant produces the track "Falling Forward"
- , MVRemix Urban Interviews Slug of Atmosphere
- http://www.discogs.com/Musab-Respect-The-Life/release/363200 - accessed 9/29/10
Media related to Atmosphere (band) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article on an American record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|