22 September 1980
|Residence||Chelmsford, Essex, England|
|Occupation||Television presenter, adventurer, soldier|
Anthony "Ant" Middleton is an English former soldier, adventurer and television presenter. He is best known as the Chief Instructor on the Channel 4 television series SAS: Who Dares Wins. Middleton also appeared as the captain in the adventure / reality-show Mutiny and the survival show Escape.
Having formerly served in the 9 Parachute Squadron RE and also as a former Royal Marine, Middleton joined the Special Boat Service in 2008, serving for four years as a point man and sniper. Due to the title of the show “SAS: Who Dares Wins”, it is often assumed that Middleton served in the Special Air Service but he was actually an SBS operator.
Middleton is the chief instructor on SAS: Who Dares Wins, a hit show on Channel 4, which first hit UK TV screens in 2015. The show propelled Middleton into celebrity limelight, and since its screening Middleton's popularity has increased significantly, allowing him more TV opportunities. Mutiny, an adventure/reality crossover show, screened on UK television in February 2017, with Middleton starring as boat captain alongside eight volunteering participants. The show was a re-enactment of the infamous Mutiny on the Bounty and Middleton described the experience as, "... mentally speaking, the hardest thing I've ever done." 
Middleton co-authored his first book in 2017 SAS: Who Dares Wins: Leadership Secrets from the Special Forces with his fellow TV presenters and special forces colleagues Jason Fox, Matthew Ollerton and Colin Maclachlan.
In 2018 Middleton published First Man In: Leading from the Front, an autobiography where he shares core lessons he's learned about leadership during his career.
- "Ant Middleton | Biography". www.antmiddleton.com. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Who is Ant Middleton's wife Emilie and how many children do they have together?". The Sun. 4 February 2018.
- Ling, Thomas (27 February 2017). "The crew on Mutiny, C4's Bounty documentary, lost almost 4 stone during their voyage". Radio Times. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Meet the men recreating the Mutiny on the Bounty for Channel 4". Radio Times. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Ant Middleton: 'My wife called me an idiot when she found out how close I'd come to death on Everest ... to be fair, I agreed with her!'". Belfast Telegraph. 10 November 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.