Anta Sports store in Hunan, April 2012
|Traded as||SEHK: 2020|
|Founder||Ding Shizhong 丁世忠|
|Ding Shizhong (Chairman)|
|Products||Athletic shoes, apparel and accessories|
|Owner||Anta International (BVI) (61.84%)|
|Parent||Anta International (BVI) (61.84%)|
Anta Sports Products Limited (SEHK: 2020) is a Chinese manufacturing company based in Jinjiang. Founded in 1994, its operations involve the business of designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, including sportswear, footwear, apparel and accessories under its own brand name.
Anta was founded by Ding Shizhong in 1994 as a means of helping ease the financial burden of his family. In 2008, the Beijing Olympics gave Anta the opportunity to expand its business marketing footwear.
Anta Sports was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2007 with its IPO price at HK$5.28 per share. In 2009, the company acquired the Fila trademark in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao from Belle International. Since then, the company operates the Fila business in these three areas. The company also operates DESCENTE and SPRANDI stores in China, as well as KOLON SPORT and KINGKOW stores in China, Hong Kong and Macao. Former Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett left his former shoe sponsor Adidas and has been sponsored by Anta since August 2010. Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson also left his Nike sponsor and has been signed with Anta since February 2015. In December 2018 an investor consortium consisting of ANTA Sports, FountainVest Partners, Anamered Investments and Tencent has announced a voluntary recommended public cash tender offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Amer Sports Corporation.
In response to a tweet by a Houston Rockets' official in support of protesters in Hong Kong, and the NBA's support for freedom of expression, Anta Sports began a boycott of the NBA in October 2019.
Anta Sports is the official supplier and sponsor of numerous teams, players, and associations such as
- ANTA Sports Products Limited on Irasia website (archived), 28 Aug 2008
- Corporate profile on Anta website (archived), 22 May 2008
- CNBC, Reporting by Christine Tan | Written by Cheang Ming; special to (2016-08-05). "This is one of the fastest-growing sportswear brands you haven't heard of". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- Amy Or (2007-06-20). "China's Anta Sports IPO, in Hong Kong, seeks up to $406 mln: term sheet". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- Bei Hu (2007-06-20). "Anta Plans $405 Million IPO, Rockets Owner to Invest". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- "DISCLOSEABLE TRANSACTIONS PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF FULL PROSPECT LIMITED AND FILA MARKETING (HONG KONG) LIMITED" (PDF). ANTA. Published by Hong Kong Stock Exchange. 12 August 2009. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Annual Report 2010" (PDF). Anta. Published by Hong Kong Stock Exchange. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Excited China fans cheer NBA game despite row over Hong Kong tweet". Reuters. 2019-10-11. Retrieved 2019-11-03.