Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up antagonism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Antagonism is hostility that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness.
Additionally, it may refer to:
- The characteristic of the Antagonist, in literature
- Antagonism (chemistry), where the involvement of multiple agents reduces their overall effect
- Antagonism (pharmacology), when a substance binds to the same site an agonist would bind to, without causing activation of the receptor
- Antagonism (phytopathology), the action of any microbes that suppresses the activity of a plant pathogen
- Reflexive antagonism, the phenomenon by which muscles with opposing functions tend to antagonistically inhibit each other
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Antagonism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.