|Look up antagonism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Antagonism is hostility that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness.
Additionally, it may refer to:
- The characteristic of the Antagonist, in literature
- Antagonism (chemistry), where the involvement of multiple agents reduces their overall effect
- Antagonism (pharmacology), when a substance binds to the same site an agonist would bind to, without causing activation of the receptor
- Antagonism (phytopathology), the action of any microbes that suppresses the activity of a plant pathogen
- Reflexive antagonism, the phenomenon by which muscles with opposing functions tend to antagonistically inhibit each other
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Antagonism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.