|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||San Antonio, Texas|
Founded by Ben Dunn in 1984, Antarctic Press has produced over 850 titles with a total circulation of over 5 million.
Many now-established names have started at Antarctic, with most continuing to work there, including Brian Denham, Ben Dunn, Eisner-nominated Rod Espinosa, Guru eFX, Joseph Wight, and Chris Bunting. Graphic novelist Alex Robinson serializes his first book, Box Office Poison, with Antarctic in the 1990s.
The company produces "how-to" and "you can" comics, instructing on areas of comic book creation and craft.
Many of Antarctic's staple characters from titles including Warrior Nun Areala, Ninja High School, Gold Digger, The Courageous Princess, and Dragons Arms, came together in the 2005 How to Break into Comics, which also featured their creators in the narrative.
In April 2006, popular title Warrior Nun was re-launched as Warrior Nun Lazarus and included CGI coloring.
Comic book titles include:
- Albedo Anthropomorphics
- American Woman
- Bad Kids Go to Hell
- Battle Girls
- Box Office Poison
- Chesty Sanchez
- The Courageous Princess
- Dragon Arms
- Extremely Silly Comics
- Families of Altered Wars (includes Luftwaffe 1946)
- Fantastic Panic
- Far West
- Final Girl
- Gold Digger written and drawn by Fred Perry
- History of Webcomics
- AP's How to Draw Manga
- Land of Oz: the Manga
- The Last Zombie
- King of Zombies, Kaiju vs Giant Zombie, written and drawn by joe wight (joe wight)
- Luftwaffe 1946
- MetaDocs written by Joeming Dunn, MD, and illustrated by Rod Espinosa.
- Mighty Tiny
- Nazi Zombies
- Ninja High School
- Oz: the Manga
- Pirates versus Ninjas
- President Evil, a zombie parody comic featuring Barack Obama.
- The Prince of Heroes
- Pose File
- Sarah Palin vs. the World, a parody of Scott Pilgrim.
- The Science Fair
- Shanda The Panda
- Steampunk Palin, a sci-fi satire featuring Sarah Palin.
- Stellar Losers
- Strangers in Paradise
- Tank Vixens
- Twilight X by Joe Wight
- Twilight X Storm
- Warrior Nun Areala
- Weapons File
- Wild Life, a humorous slice-of-life anthology edited by Elin Winkler-Suarez which ran February 1993-April 1995 for twelve issues. Included Joe Rosales' Wildlifers and John Nunnemacher's Buffalo Wings.
- Winds of Winter
- Zetraman: Revival
Artists who have worked for Antarctic Press, past and present:
- Bilsborough, Jack (August 7, 2009). "Barack Obama depicted as Zombie-killer in new comic book". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- "''Sarah Palin vs. the World''". Antarctic-press.com. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-01.
- "''Steampunk Palin'' Comic More Insane Than You Imagined". Comics Alliance. 2011-07-28. Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-01.