Ante Tomić (writer)
Tomić in 2010
April 22, 1970|
|Other names||Ante Tomic|
|Alma mater||University of Zadar|
Ante Tomić (born April 22, 1970) is a Croatian writer and journalist.
A native of the village Glavina Donja near Imotski, Tomić graduated with a joint honours degree in philosophy and sociology from the University of Zadar. He began to write as a reporter for the local daily newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija, showing in his articles great literary talent that would manifest itself in his 2000 debut novel Što je muškarac bez brkova. Three years later he wrote the novel entitled Ništa nas ne smije iznenaditi which described the life of recruits in the Yugoslav People's Army. Both novels were adapted for the screen. Tomić co-authored the script for the 1999 film Posljednja volja, as well as that of the 2002 mini-series Novo doba.
Ante Tomić now writes for the newspaper Jutarnji list and in 2004 he travelled across the US to provide his newspaper's coverage of the presidential campaign by talking to the American electorate on the street. As of 2009, he has his own column Vlaška posla in Slobodna Dalmacija.
- Zaboravio sam gdje sam parkirao, collection of stories, 1997.
- Što je muškarac bez brkova, novel, 2000.
- Smotra folklora, 2001.
- Ništa nas ne smije iznenaditi, novel, 2003.
- Veliki šoping, collection of stories, 2004.
- Klasa optimist, 2004.
- Ljubav, struja voda i telefon, novel, 2005.
- Krovna udruga i druga drama (Anđeli pakla), collection of plays, 2005., with Ivica Ivanišević
- Građanin pokorni, 2006.
- Dečko koji obećava, collection of columns, 2009.
- Čudo u Poskokovoj Dragi, novel, 2009.
- Nisam pametan, collection of columns, 2010.
- Klevete i laži, collection of columns, 2011.
- Punoglavci, novel, 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 10, 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 2, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
|This article about a Croatian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|