Anthony (film editor)
|Born||Llewellyn Anthony Gonsalvez
11 September 1973
T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Anthony (born Llewellyn Anthony Gonsalves on 11 September 1973 in Chennai, India) is a Tamil film editor. He has worked in over twenty Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Telugu language films. This makes him one of the few editors to have worked for the four biggest film industries in India.
Anthony studied a degree in Literature at Madras Christian College, Tambaram, but found himself unsure of a career path once he has finished his education. Following suggestions from his friends, he began learning about animation at Prasad Studio and subsequently also enrolled to learn about editing. He thereafter, received offers to work on corporate ads, trailers and documentaries from 1993 for Edit Point and continued to work in the same practice til 2004, often collaborating with leading ad film makers like Rajiv Menon. He then began to work on editing songs in films occasionally, also gaining experience by editing tele-films. Director Gautham Menon asked Anthony to edit the song "Ennai Konjam" in Kaakha Kaakha for the audio release event of that film, and impressed with his work for that song and he asked him to sign on as the film's editor. He has since associated with the biggest technicians in South Indian cinema, collaborating regularly with directors including Shankar, AR Murugadoss, Gautham Menon, Linguswamy, K. V. Anand and A. L. Vijay.
Anthony has also nurtured an ambition to direct films and began pre-production on a comedy film titled Jagathalapradhaban in November 2008 featuring Jayaram, Yuhi Sethu and Namitha. The film, however failed to take off. Anthony revealed in August 2014 that he was set to make his first film, and it would be the remake of the Malayalam film Shutter (2012). In November 2014, he announced and began work on the venture featuring Sathyaraj in the lead role. The film also stars Anumol, Kalyani Natarajan and Dixitha Kothari. 
- Anthony – chitchat – Telugu and Tamil film editor. Idlebrain.com (31 January 2006). Retrieved on 2011-06-21.
- Anthony. Behindwoods.com. Retrieved on 2011-06-21.
- UmaShanker, Sudha (12 December 2006). "Style and substance". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
- "Anthony - chitchat - Telugu and Tamil film editor".
- "Editor Anthony - Tamil Cinema Editor Interview - Editor Anthony - Endhiran - Sivaji - Nadunisi Naigal - 7am Arivu - Vaanam - Poda Podi - Behindwoods.com".
- "From holding scissors to wielding megaphone".
- "Editing happened by sheer coincidence, says Antony". Sify.
- "Editor Anthony turns director". Sify.
- "Editor Anthony to wear the directors hat".