This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Institutions||UC Santa Cruz|
Anthony Aguirre is a theoretical cosmologist. Aguirre is a professor at the University of California, Santa Cruz and is the associate director of the Foundational Questions Institute. He is also a co-founder of the Future of Life Institute.
His research has focused on various topics in theoretical physics among which early universe, inflation, gravity physics, first stars, the intergalactic medium, galaxy formation and black holes.
He is married to artist Sally Aguirre. They have two sons.
In the media
- Aguirre appears in the How Vast is the Cosmos? part of the Closer to Truth PBS series.
- Aguirre appears in "How Big is the Universe?"
- Aguirre also appears in the "Living in a Parallel Universe" part of the Naked Science documentary on the National Geographic Channel.
- "Anthony Aguirre, PhD".
- "Who we are". Foundational Questions Institute. Retrieved 25 Nov 2014.
- "Who we are". Future of Life Institute. Retrieved 25 Nov 2014.
- "Elon Musk:Future of Life Institute Artificial Intelligence Research Could be Crucial". Bostinno. Retrieved 5 Jun 2015.
- "Elon Musk donates $10M to keep AI from going full Skynet". Engadget. Retrieved 5 Jun 2015.
- "Elon Musk Donates $10 Million to Keep Us Safe from Artificial Intelligence". TechTimes. Retrieved 5 Jun 2015.
- "Breathing Space Sculpture - About the Artist".
- "How Big is the Universe?".
- "Living in a Parallel Universe".