From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He attended Westminster School and then read for a degree in Chemistry at Christ Church, Oxford. He subsequently won a scholarship to the Royal College of Music as a bassoon player, and went on to perform with the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Brass instruments: their history and development (reprinted 1993)
- Woodwind Instruments and Their History (reprinted 1991)
- European and American musical instruments (1983)
- Musical instruments through the ages (Pelican, 1961) ISBN 0-14-020347-8
- Bagpipes, Anthony Baines, ISBN 0-902793-10-1, Pitt Rivers Museum, Univ. of Oxford, 3rd edition, 1995 147 pages with plates.