Anthony Braxton (album)
|Studio album by Anthony Braxton|
|Recorded||September 10, 1969|
|Anthony Braxton chronology|
Anthony Braxton (also referred to as B-Xo/N-0-1-47a or Composition 6g) is an album by Anthony Braxton released in 1969 on the BYG Actuel label. It features performances by Braxton, Leroy Jenkins, Leo Smith and Steve McCall.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow states "The music performed... is very freely improvised, includes "little instruments" for their variety in sound, and contrasts high-energy playing with space... and is far from accessible but is generally worth the struggle".
All compositions by Anthony Braxton except where noted.
- "The Light on the Dalta" (Leo Smith) - 10:02
- "Simple Like" (Leroy Jenkins) - 9:23
- "B-Xo/N-O-1-47a" - 19:36*
*This track is graphically titled. This is an attempt to translate the title to text.
- Recorded at Saravah Studios, Paris, France on September 10, 1969
- Anthony Braxton: alto saxophone, soprano saxophone, clarinet, contrabass clarinet, flute, chimes, sound machine
- Leroy Jenkins: violin, viola, flute, mouth organ, Hohner organ, harmonica
- Leo Smith: trumpet, flugelhorn, horns, log drum, siren
- Steve McCall: drums, darbouka, percussion