Anthony Crawford (bass musician)
|Genres||Jazz, jazz fusion, hard rock, blues-rock, blues|
|Labels||Hydro 6 Records|
He is best known for working with Justin Timberlake, Peabo Bryson, Howard Hewett, Shalamar, Kirk Whalum, Phil Perry, Glen Jones and Karen Briggs. Anthony also played bass for the National Democratic Convention for Bill Clinton in 2000.
Anthony Crawford was born in Memphis, Tennessee, into a musical family including his father, drummer Hubert "H-Bomb" Crawford and his uncle, Hank Crawford, a well known saxophonist. Hubert Crawford played with many notable acts, including James Brown, The Bar-Kays, The Eric Gales Band, Mark Farner of "Grand Funk Railroad", and Ann Peebles. Hank Crawford played with Ray Charles, Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Grant Green, Lou Rawls, and Etta James, among others.
Anthony Crawford was considered a musical prodigy. At the age of 14 he sat in with the Bette Midler band. He later honed his talent while performing with a variety of Memphis community choirs and churches.
After being discovered by several notable producers, including Angelo Earl, Anthony Crawford was asked to play at the National Democratic Convention for Bill Clinton. The word began to spread and in 2002 he appeared in a Burger King commercial with basketball icon, Shaquille O'Neal. This eventually led to him playing with well-known pop vocalist, Justin Timberlake.
Anthony began serving as a bassist in the legendary R&B group Shalamar in 2004. Shortly after, he performed on tours and a DVD release with Shalamar front-man Howard Hewett.
Crawford worked with saxophonist, Kirk Whalum and the pair donated their talents to create the soundtrack for a documentary film with Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, and Bill Clinton which was called Miss HIV, filmed in Toronto, Canada and in Sub-Saharan Africa.
In December 2010, Crawford joined Virgil Donati's group for their upcoming tour.
In 2017 Crawford served as studio bassist for CHON's Homey album.
- 2017 Witherfall "Nocturnes and Requiems"
- 2010 Urban Jazz
World Overcomers Outreach Ministry:
- Kingdom Liberation LIVE
- Rita Marie Valle
- Hyperspace Wavelength Travel
The Tim Terry Experience
- No Doubt
- Johnson, Brent-Anthony (January 12, 2009). "Anthony Crawford by Brent-Anthony Johnson". Bass Musician Magazine. Archived from the original on July 7, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- "Drummers". Paulbrownmusic.netfirms.com. Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- "Anthony Crawford Signs Distribution Deal With 141 Entertainment's Sonic Flux Music And Prepares His Debut Album 'urban Jazz' Re-release". Top40-charts.com. October 28, 2010. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- Brown, Corey (November 10, 2009). "Player Spotlight: Anthony Crawford". no treble. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- Johnson, Kevin (November 19, 2010). "Anthony Crawford Releases Urban Jazz". no treble. Archived from the original on January 1, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2011.