|Born||Anthony John Habgood
8 November 1946
|Residence||Chelsea, London and Norfolk|
|Alma mater||Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge
Carnegie Mellon University
|Title||Chairman, RELX Group
Chairman, Court of the Bank of England
Chairman, Norwich Research Park
Chairman, Preqin Holding Limited
|Board member of||RELX Group, Bank of England|
Anthony John Habgood (born 8 November 1946) is a British businessman. He has been chief executive of Bunzl and chairman of Whitbread, RELX Group and of the Court of the Bank of England. He has been described in the FT as "the City’s go-to grandee."
Habgood was educated at Gresham's School, Norfolk. He has a bachelor's degree from Cambridge University (Gonville and Caius College), and a master's degree in Industrial Administration from Carnegie Mellon University.
From 1991 to 2005, Habgood was chief executive, then chairman of Bunzl, growing turnover from continuing operations from £500 million to £2.9 billion, and improving profits by a factor of 34, and "is widely credited with transforming Bunzl".
Habgood was chairman of Whitbread plc from 2005 to 2014  and of Mölnlycke Health Care from 2006 to 2007 while it was owned by the private equity house APAX Partners. He has been chairman of RELX Group (formerly Reed Elsevier), a multinational information and analytics company, operating in four market segments: scientific, technical and medical; risk and business information; legal; and exhibitions, since June 2009. He has been chairman of Preqin Holding Limited since November 2011. 
He was senior non-executive director of Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust from 2006 until March 2013, when he became chair of Norwich Research Park.
Habgood is married with three children, and splits his time between Chelsea and Norfolk.
- "Agenda Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders 2009" (PDF). Reed Elsevier NV. 2009. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- http://m.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/c879d586-ae7d-11e3-8e41-00144feab7de.html. Retrieved 6 September 2014. Missing or empty
- "The Interview: A cool customer with a track record of giving a warm feeling to shareholders". The Independent. 30 April 2005. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Anthony Habgood profile". Oxford University. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Interview with Anthony Habgood" (PDF). Journal of Strategy and Management. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "The Times: Whitbread chairman Anthony Habgood leaves little room for improvement". The Times. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "View from the Top: Anthony Habgood, Chairman, RELX Group". Financial Times. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Anthony Habgood to Chair Preqin". peHUB. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "NatWest Board Changes". NatWest Press Release. Retrieved 6 March 2001.
- "Powergen Annual Report 2000" (PDF). Powergen. Retrieved 2 March 2001.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20120920082720/http://vernimmen.com/ftp/M&S_buyback_2004.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 September 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2014. Missing or empty
- "6 March 2013 - FTSE 100 company Chair appointed to Norwich Research Park - BBSRC". bbsrc.ac.uk. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "News Release - Three senior appointments to the". Bank of England. Retrieved 2015-12-11.