Anthony Holland (actor)
|Born||March 3, 1928|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Died||July 9, 1988 (aged 60)|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Cause of death||suicide|
Anthony Holland (March 3, 1928 - July 9, 1988) was an American actor, best known for his comic performances in theatre, film and television.
His film appearances included the 1979 Bob Fosse film All That Jazz, the original 1970 version of the Neil Simon-penned The Out-of-Towners, Sidney Lumet's Bye Bye Braverman, Alan J. Pakula's Klute and Paul Mazursky's 1982 film Tempest. He also appeared in television series including Columbo, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, Hill Street Blues and Cagney and Lacey. In 1973 he starred opposite Bernadette Peters and Carl Ballantine in the ABC musical comedy special Break Up.
- Goldstein (1964) - Aid
- Fearless Frank (1967) - Alfred
- Bye Bye Braverman (1968) - Max Ottenstein
- Where It's At (1969) - Henry
- Midnight Cowboy (1969) - TV Bishop - New York
- Popi (1969) - Pickett
- The Virgin President (1969) - Machiavelli von Clausewitz
- The Out-of-Towners (1970) - Desk Clerk - Night
- Lovers and Other Strangers (1970) - Donaldson
- The Anderson Tapes (1971) - Psychologist
- Klute (1971) - Actor's Agent
- Hammersmith Is Out (1972) - Oldham
- Parades (1972) - Filmmaker I
- Hearts of the West (1975) - Guest at Beach Party
- Lucky Lady (1975) - Mr. Tully
- The Sentinel (1977) - Party host
- House Calls (1978) - TV moderator
- Rush It (1978) - Lewis & Lewis
- King of the Gypsies (1978) - Mr. Tomlin
- All That Jazz (1979) - Paul Dann
- Oh, God! Book II (1980) - Dr. Jerome Newell
- Tempest (1982) - Sebastian
- The Lonely Lady (1983) - Guy Jackson
- Walls (1984) - Frank McIntyre
- Wise Guys (1986) - Karl the Desk Clerk
- High Stakes (1986) - Nicholas von Reich
- The Christmas Star (1986) - Old Con
- Yarrow, Andrew (July 12, 1988). "Anthony Holland Is Dead at 60; Actor, Ill With AIDS, Is a Suicide". The New York Times.
- Rich, Frank (February 27, 1987). "Stage: 'Hunger Artist', Kafka In Life And Work". The New York Times.
- Anthony Holland on IMDb
- Anthony Holland papers, 1956-1988, held by the Billy Rose Theatre Division, New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|