Anthony Howell (footballer)
|Full name||Anthony Nikille Richard Howell|
|Date of birth||27 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Nottingham, England|
|2009||→ Alfreton Town (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:45 16 September 2014 (UTC)|
Anthony Nikille Richard Howell (born 27 May 1986) was best known as an English professional football player for Mansfield Town FC. His playing position is primarily as a central midfielder, although he can play as a striker or winger. Howell has acted as an emergency goalkeeper for Alfreton.
After various spells at non-league clubs (including a short spell at Mansfield), Howell signed for Alfreton, where he spent two-and-a-half years, helping the team to promotion to the Conference Premier in 2011.
He rejected a new contract at Alfreton to sign for Mansfield in June 2011. Howell helped Mansfield to the 2012–13 Conference title, and thus promotion to the Football League. He was rewarded for this with a new contract.
Howell played a big part in the third round of the FA cup match against Liverpool F.C, at the One Call Stadium on Sunday 6 January 2013. Howell's big moments in the game were his well saved shot by Brad Jones and his crunching tackle on Liverpool's goal scorer Luis Suarez.
Howell re-signed for Alfreton Town on a one-year contract on 29 July 2014.
On 28 October 2014 in an FA Cup replay against Lincoln City, Howell played in goal. This was due to injuries and Alfreton being unable to register a player that was not registered for the original game. Alfreton lost the match 5–1.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/07/2011 and 31/07/2011". The Football Association. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Mansfield Town sign Anthony Howell and Matt Bell". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Beevers & Howell sign League deals". Mansfield Town F.C. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Anthony Howell: Alfreton re-sign ex-Mansfield midfielder". BBC Sport. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "FA Cup: Alfreton stand-in keeper Howell cannot prevent thrashing". BBC Sport. 29 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Anthony Howell at Soccerbase
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|