|Full name||Anthony Kappes|
1 March 1973 |
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
|Discipline||Track & Road|
He is the current World record holder for 200 metres, along with his pilot Barney Storey. Storey and Kappes became the first Paralympic team to hold the able-bodied British National Tandem Sprint Championships title in 2006.
Kappes, began working with a new tandem pilot internationally in 2008, Jon Norfolk sacrificed his career as a member of Great Britain's able-bodied squad in order to work with Paralympians, and had to take a three-year break from competition in order to qualify. Kappes and Norfolk beat Simon Jackson and Storey to win the sprint and kilo (Achieving Worlds Best - 1.02.06) events at the 2008 VISA Paralympic World Cup.
- Gold Kilo (B&VI 1–3), Paralympics, Beijing (with Barney Storey)
- Gold Sprint (B&VI 1–3), Paralympics, Beijing (with Barney Storey)
- 1st Sprint, VISA Paralympic World Cup (with Jon Norfolk)
- Gold Cycling at the 2012 Summer Paralympics - Men's sprint (B), Paralympics, London (with Craig MacLean)
- "Athlete Biography - KAPPES Anthony". Beijing Paralympics official website.
- Larry Hickmott (2008-09-06). "Anthony Kappes First Games". British Cycling. Archived from the original on 11 November 2009. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "Record duo sprint to tandem triumph". Bournemouth Echo. 7 July 2006.
- Elizabeth Hudson (2008-05-09). "GB cyclists continue medal haul". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "Men's 1km time trial (B&VI 1–3) Official Results" (PDF). Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games official website. 2008-09-08. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2008.
- British Cycling Bio[permanent dead link]
- "Listen to an interview with Anthony Kappes". Action for Blind People. 2008-09-05. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
|This article about a Paralympic medalist of Great Britain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to English cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|