|Member of the Arizona House of Representatives|
from the 20th district
|Assumed office |
January 5, 2015
Serving with Shawnna Bolick
|Preceded by||Carl Seel|
|Alma mater||Northern Arizona University|
Anthony Kern is an American politician and a Republican member of the Arizona House of Representatives representing District 20 since January 5, 2015. In 2016, Kern sponsored legislation to eliminate "free speech zones" on school campuses, thus allowing free expression campus-wide. In 2017, Kern sponsored a bill to make it a misdemeanor to be a passenger in an automobile without an ID. 
- 2016 Anthony Kern and Paul Boyer were unopposed in the republican primary. They defeated democrat Chris Gilfillan on November 8. Kern was the second vote getter in the election with 39,118 votes.
- 2014 Anthony Kern and Paul Boyer defeated Amy Schwabenlender on November 4. (PDF) Kern received 23,799 votes.
In 2014 Kern was fired from the El Mirage Police Department for lying to a superior about a lost tablet. His name was added to a "Brady List" of dishonest officers. As a legislator, he tried pass a law that would remove his name from the List, without informing the sponsor that it would apply to him. After it was disclosed that the bill was for Kern's benefit, House Bill 2671 was amended to eliminate the provisions that would have helped him.
- "Anthony Kern". Phoenix, Arizona: Arizona State Legislature. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "Anthony Kern's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2016 Primary Election Aug. 30, 2016" (PDF). Phoenix, Arizona: Secretary of State of Arizona. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "State of Arizona Official Canvass 2016 General Election November 8, 2016" (PDF). Phoenix, Arizona: Secretary of State of Arizona. p. 15. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 20, 2016. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Flaherty, Joseph (2019-03-05). "Fired From Police Job for Lying, Arizona Lawmaker Tried to Help Cops Who Lie". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 2019-03-12.
- "Rep. Anthony Kern secretly tried to change the law to get his name off a list of liars". azcentral. Retrieved 2019-03-12.
|This article about an Arizona politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|