|Instruments||Drums, vocals, guitar|
|Associated acts||The War on Drugs, St. Vincent, The Building, Gym Deer, Pony of Good Tidings, Dean Wareham, Dean & Britta, Spoon, JBM|
Anthony LaMarca is a drummer, guitarist, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and co-founder of Primary Records. He is currently a member of The War on Drugs, joining the band on its tour in support of its third studio album, Lost in the Dream (2014).
Native to Youngstown, Ohio, LaMarca took part in the local music scene. Promptly upon graduating from The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music in 2009, LaMarca joined St. Vincent as drummer and toured extensively in support of her Actor release. Annie Clark (of St. Vincent) is quoted saying: "Anthony LaMarca is [a] boy wonder, boy genius. He graduated from college and then the next day he went on tour with me, forever. He's just a delight. He's so funny. He came in and tried out and he's just like, everything about what he did was meticulous. Like, he had a very good sounding snare and he brought it. Everything about it—about him—you could tell there was care and thought put into everything he did." His style has also been referred to as a "laid-back Levon Helm-style pocket to rigid Kraftwerkian tick-tock[…]."
LaMarca co-founded Primary Records with his friend Oren Kessler in 2011 in Brooklyn, New York. On the label is LaMarca's band The Building: a group spawned from his Youngstown roots, including his brother Angelo, wife Megan, and other long time collaborators. LaMarca stated that The Building is "getting ready to release their record The Swooshy Businessman".
- Parker, Cyrstal. "Interview with Anthony LaMarca from The Building". Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Benson, John. "The soul of Youngstown inhabits The Building". Vindy. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "St. Vincent Tour Videos // 03". Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Drummer Interview: Anthony LaMarca of St. Vincent @ Pitchfork Music Festival". Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- Angelo, Gary S. "Galaxie 500 powers the future". TribToday. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Alum Spotlight: Anthony LaMarca (Jazz '09)". Retrieved 22 December 2012.