|Born||Roger Anthony Lemke
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Alma mater||McGill University, University of Waterloo|
Roger Anthony Lemke is a Canadian actor. He is known for portraying Brian Becker on CTV's fantasy drama The Listener, Dan Malloy on Bravo's police drama 19-2, and Ryan Elliot on Hallmark Channel's fantasy comedy-drama Good Witch. In French Canada, Lemke is known for playing David Rothstein on Radio Canada's comedy-drama Les Hauts et les bas de Sophie Paquin.
Early Life and Education
Anthony Lemke was born in Ottawa, Ontario. He is the child of immigrants, his parents having arrived from The Netherlands and East Prussia in the early 1960s. Lemke attended elementary and high school in French under the immersion programs at Knoxdale Public School, Greenbank Middle School and Sir Robert Borden High School in Nepean.
Upon graduation he moved to Waterloo, Ontario to study theatre at the University of Waterloo. Lemke also holds degrees in both common law and civil law, having graduated from the McGill University Faculty of Law with Distinction.
Lemke landed his first professional role in a production of the play Nurse Jane Goes to Hawaii  by the Canadian playwright Allan Stratton at what is now the King's Wharf Theatre. His first role in a TV series followed shortly thereafter when he was cast in La Femme Nikita. He got the role largely because he could speak Czech from the year he spent teaching English in the Czech Republic.
In 2000 Lemke landed the role of the the mustachio-swirling mercenary Captain Grisham on the fantasy-genre series The Queen of Swords, which Variety Magazine declared a "guilty pleasure". He also played James Murphy, the son of Alex Murphy (aka RoboCop), in RoboCop: Prime Directives, a 4 part mini-series that aired in 2001.
In 2003 Lemke enrolled in law school at the McGill University in Montreal, during which time he continued to act, including regular roles on the Montreal shot series 15/Love (season 3) and CBC Television's Rumours. He also portrayed Rob Smith in the in A Life Interrupted, which was nominated for the Best TV Movie at the 2008 Gemini Awards.
Since returning full time to acting after law school, Lemke has a deep collection of credits to his name in both English and French. In 2008 he joined the cast of Radio Canada's comedy-drama Les Hauts et les bas de Sophie Paquin, playing David Rothstein, a character that Montreal newspaper La Presse numbers among the few anglophone characters to ever "mark the soul" of Quebecers. He followed up in French with recurring roles on Mémoires Vives, Mirador, Nouvelle Adresse, all of which are Gémeaux Award nominated tv series.
In 2011, he joined the casts of Lost Girl and Montreal-shot Blue Mountain State for multiple episode arcs, following which he took the played of Le Vulgaire in the bi-lingual shot Rouge Sang. The film garnered 3 Canadian Screen Award nominations.
2014 saw Lemke reprise his role of Brian Becker for the fifth season of CTV and Fox International's The Listener, a role he had played during season 1. Lemke also began a 7 episode run over two seasons on Bravo's police drama 19-2 as SQ Officer Dan Malloy. The series received 10 Canadian Screen Award nominations, including best dramatic series.
Lemke married classical musician Maria Gacesa in 2001, when the couple was living in Toronto. They have lived most of their lives since in Montreal, where the couple's three children were born. In 2014, Lemke and his family moved to Prince Edward County, in Ontario.
Actor (selected recent credits)
- Dark Matter, 2015 (TV series), "Marcus Boone"
- The Listener, 2009–2014 (TV series), "Brian Becker" (2009, 2014)
- The Good Witch, 2014 (TV series), "Ryan Elliot"
- 19-2, 2014-2015 (TV Series), Dan Malloy (SQ), multiple episodes
- Mémoires Vives, 2013-2015, (TV Series) "Richard", multiple episodes
- Witches of East End (TV Series), 2013, "Harrison Welles", 3 episodes
- White House Down (Film), 2013, "Captain Hutton"
- Still Life (TV movie), 2013, Jean-Guy Beauvoir, based on the novel of the same name by Louise Penny
- Exploding Sun, 2013 (TV Mini-Series), "Craig Bakus"
- 30 Vies, 2013, (TV Series) "Marc Turpin", ep. 257–260
- The Storm Within (Rouge sang), 2013, "Le vulgaire"
- Lost Girl, 2012, "Ryan Lambert", 5 episodes
- Blue Mountain State, 2011, (TV Series) "Coach Marcus Gilday", 6 episodes
- Mirador, 2011, (TV Series), "Peter Garrett", ep. 206–210
- Flashpoint, 2011, (TV series), "Tim Engles", ep. "Wild Card"
- Down the Road Again, 2011 by Donald Shebib (film), "Matt Burns"
- Côteau Rouge, 2011 (film), "Jason Singleton" (film garnered 8 Jutra nominations, including Best Film)
- You Lucky Dog, 2010, "Don Lally"
- Faces in the Crowd, 2010, "Bryce #3"
- The Last Templar, 2009 (TV movie), "Clive Edmonston"
- Les Hauts et les bas de Sophie Paquin, 2006–2008 (TV series), "David Rothstein" (2008)
- Rumours, 2007 (TV series), "Charles Jefferson"
- A Life Interrupted, 2007 (TV movie, nominated in 2008 for a Best TV Movie Gemini Award), "Rob Smith"
- One Last Dance, 2009 (short film)
- One Last Dance, 2009 (short film)