Anthony Maher (footballer)
|Irish name||Antaine Meagher|
29 August 1986 |
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
He won the 2006 Kerry Junior Football Championship with Duagh. The team emerged from Munster, and Maher's role was key as they reached the 2007 All-Ireland Junior Club Football Championship final. However, Greencastle GAA defeated them by one point. He set up a vital goal to help Feale Rangers win that year's Kerry Senior Football Championship as they beat South Kerry by a point in the final. Despite Maher's performance at midfield, Feale Rangers were knocked out of the 2008 Kerry Senior Football Championship quarter-final.
Maher played at underage level with Kerry. In 2004 in came on as a sub in the All-Ireland Minor Football Final which Kerry lost to Tyrone. In 2008 he was selected in the Kerry senior panel and played in the National Football League, impressing at midfield. He started in 3 of Kerry's 7 league games and came on as a sub in further 2 games and scored 2 points in the 2008 League.  However, he did not appear in the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship that season, and instead lined out in the All-Ireland Junior Football Championship. He captained Kerry to victory in the 2008 Munster Junior Football Championship and was a member of the squad that reached the All-Ireland senior final. He won the 2009 Senior Championship with Kerry. In 2014 he had a stellar year as Kerry recaptured the All-Ireland Football Championship after a five-year absence. In 2015 Maher won his first all-star.
- 2 All-Ireland Championship
- 1 National League Title
- 1 County Senior Championship
- 1 Munster Junior Club Championship
- 1 County Junior Club Championship
- 1 Munster Minor Championship
- 5 Munster Senior Championship
- 1 Munster Junior Championship
- 1 All-Star Award
- "GAA: Maher lights the way for dynamic Duagh Archived 2011-06-22 at the Wayback Machine.", The Kingdom (22 February 2007).
- Lester, Bob (March 12, 2007). "Greencastle pip Duagh at the post". Irish Examiner. Examiner Publications. Archived from the original on July 18, 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Greencastle are junior champions", BBC Sport (11 March 2007).
- "It's Captain Galvin for Kerry as Feale land title", Irish Examiner (12 November 2007)
- Jim O’Sullivan (13 October 2008). "Sheehan to rescue for South Kerry", Irish Examiner.
- http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=27&Itemid= Kerry stats 2008
- Colm Keys (14 June 2008) "Panel power key for Cats and Kerry", Irish Independent.
- Munster JFC (16 June 2008). "Kingdom hold on despite late rally by Bannermen", Irish Independent.
- "Kerry team for All Ireland Final V Tyrone". Kerry GAA (18 September 2008).