Reading at the 2016 Gaithersburg Book Festival
|Alma mater||University of Southern California;
Iowa Writers Workshop
|Notable awards||Anisfield-Wolf Book Award
(2014) A Constellation of Vital Phenomena
Anthony Marra is an American fiction writer.
Anthony Marra attended high school at the Landon School, and graduated from the University of Southern California with a BA, and the Iowa Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa with an MFA. In 2009, he attended the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop. He was a 2011–2013 Stegner Fellow at Stanford University. Currently, he teaches at Stanford University as the Jones Lecturer in Fiction. He has lived and studied in Eastern Europe, and now resides in Oakland, CA.
Marra's first novel, A Constellation of Vital Phenomena, received the inaugural John Leonard Prize given by the National Book Critics Circle for a first book. It also won an Anisfield-Wolf Book Award. and the French Grand prix des lectrices de Elle
- "The Wolves of Bilaya Forest" (2012; a short story)
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena (2013; a novel)
- The Tsar of Love and Techno: Stories (2015; a collection of short stories)
- This Year’s Award Winners | Whiting Writers' Awards | Programs | Mrs. Giles Whiting Foundation Archived February 20, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Giving Up – The Rumpus.net
- Stegner Fellowship – Complete List of Stegner Fellows – Stanford Creative Writing Program
- Recent Awards for Our Writers | Narrative Magazine
- Review: Everything Flows by Vasily Grossman | MAKE Literary Productions, NFP Archived July 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Kirsten Reach (January 14, 2014). "NBCC finalists announced". Melville House Publishing. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "Announcing the National Book Critics Awards Finalists for Publishing Year 2013". National Book Critics Circle. January 14, 2014. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- 2012 Whiting Writers’ Award- Fiction – Stanford Creative Writing Program
- American Society of Magazine Editors, Ellie Awards 2016 Winners Announced, http://www.magazine.org/asme/ellie-awards-2016-winners-announced
- Anthony Marra (Official Website)
- Profile at The Whiting Foundation
- "Giving Up" (Essay)
- When a Sentence Changes Your Life – Then Changes Its Own Meaning (Essay)
- "Chechnya" (Narrative Magazine)
|This article about a fiction writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|