|Seattle Mariners – No. 38|
|Born: November 1, 1994|
|July 24, 2020, for the Seattle Mariners|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2021 season)
|Earned run average||4.46|
Misiewicz graduated from Anchor Bay High School in Fair Haven, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he played college baseball for the Michigan State Spartans. In 2015, his junior year, he had a 5–4 win-loss record with a 3.80 earned run average (ERA) in 18 games (eight games started). After the season, he briefly played collegiate summer baseball with the Cotuit Kettleers of the Cape Cod Baseball League.
The Seattle Mariners selected Misiewicz in the 18th round of the 2015 MLB draft. He signed with the Mariners for a $70,000 signing bonus rather than returning to Michigan State for his senior year.
After signing, Misiewicz made his professional debut with the Everett AquaSox, going 3–2 with a 2.14 ERA in 46+1⁄3 innings pitched. In 2016, he pitched for the Bakersfield Blaze, compiling a 7–10 record with a 4.79 ERA in 29 starts. He began 2017 with Modesto Nuts before being promoted to the Arkansas Travelers.
Tampa Bay Rays
On August 6, 2017, the Mariners traded Misiewicz, Luis Rengifo, and a player to be named later to the Tampa Bay Rays for Mike Marjama and Ryan Garton. He was assigned to the Montgomery Biscuits. In 28 total starts between Modesto, Arkansas, and Montgomery, he went 11–6 with a 4.51 ERA.
Second Stint with Mariners
After the season, the Mariners reacquired Misiewicz from the Rays for an international signing bonus slot. In 2018, he returned to play for Arkansas, pitching to a 3–12 record and 5.51 ERA in 21 starts. He missed nearly a month during the season due to injury. Misiewicz began 2019 with Arkansas before being promoted to the Tacoma Rainers. Over 26 games (24 starts), he went 9–8 with a 4.59 ERA, striking out 125 over 131+1⁄3 innings.
- "Six Spartans Selected on the Final Day of the 2015 MLB Draft". Michigan State University Athletics.
- "Anthony Misiewicz - Profile". pointstreak.com. Retrieved May 6, 2020.
- "MSU baseball sets school record with eight players drafted". SpartanTailgate.
- "Misiewicz skips senior year at MSU, signs with Seattle Mariners". Lansingstatejournal.com. June 18, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- Dutton, Bob (May 9, 2017). "M's notebook: Hamstring issue keeps Cruz out of outfield". HeraldNet.com.
- "Luis Rengifo packaged in trade to Rays | LumberKings". Milb.com. August 6, 2017. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- "Mariners acquire Minor League LHP Anthony Misiewicz from Tampa Bay". MLB.com. December 13, 2017. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- "Anthony Misiewicz Stats". Baseball-Reference.com.