When Page was 19 he went to Canada on a free passage with the Royal Canadian Air Force and hitchhiked to New York where he studied with Sanford Meisner. In 1964 he took over directing at the Royal Court when George Devine fell ill. He directed Inadmissible Evidence with Nicol Williamson.
- Inadmissible Evidence (1968)
- Male of the Species (1969)
- Pueblo (1973)
- The Missiles of October (1974)
- F. Scott Fitzgerald in Hollywood (1975)
- Collision Course: Truman vs. MacArthur (1976)
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (1977)
- Absolution (1978)
- The Lady Vanishes (1979)
- F.D.R.: The Last Year (1980)
- Bill (1981)
- Johnny Belinda (1982)
- Grace Kelly (1983)
- Bill: On His Own (1983)
- Murder: By Reason of Insanity (1985)
- Second Serve (1986)
- Monte Carlo (1986) (TV miniseries)
- Pack of Lies (1987)
- Scandal in a Small Town (1988)
- The Nightmare Years (1989) (TV miniseries)
- Chernobyl: The Final Warning (1991)
- Silent Cries (1993)
- Middlemarch (1994)
- Human Bomb (1998)
- My Zinc Bed (2008)
Select Theatre Credits
- Inadmissible Evidence (1965-66) - Broadway
- Heartbreak House (1883-84) - Broadway
- A Doll's House (1997) - Broadway
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (2003-04) - Broadway
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (2005)- Broadway
- Waiting for Godot (2009) - Broadway
- "Anthony Page | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Anthony Page | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
- "Anthony Page". BFI.
- By George, he's done it In classic BBC style, director Anthony Page has tackled the lengthy but pleasurable task of directing Middlemarch Sutcliffe, Tom. The Guardian 5 Jan 1994.
|This theatrical biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|