December 1, 1972 |
New York City, New York
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school||Stevenson (The Bronx, New York)|
|NBA draft||1995 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44th overall|
|Selected by the Denver Nuggets|
|1997–1998||Aurora Basket Jesi|
|1998||Zara Imballaggi Fabriano|
|1999–2000||Fort Wayne Fury|
|1999–2000||Florida Sea Dragons|
|2001||Kansas City Knights|
|2001||Dodge City Legend|
|2010||Tampa Bay Strong Dogs|
Anthony Pelle (born December 1, 1972) is an American professional basketball player who was selected by the Denver Nuggets in the second round (44th overall pick) of the 1995 NBA Draft. Pelle, who was born in the Bronx, New York and played collegiately at Villanova University and Fresno State University, did not appear in any NBA games but plied his trade several leagues in Europe, most notably in Greece, Spain and Italy as well as in second tier leagues in the United States.
After coming out of Stevenson High, in the Bronx Pelle committed to Villanova to play under coach Steve Lappas. He stayed in Villanova for three season appeared in 81 games and averaged 3.1 points per game, 2.5 rebounds per game and 1.2 blocks per game. At the time he left Villanova, in 1193, he was fourth all-time in blocked shots for the school. In May 1993 Pelle was arrested for assaulting another student. After getting transferred to Fresno State he sat out for the 1993–1994 season. In his last year of college eligibility Pelle appeared in 24 games for the Bulldogs averaging 10.8 points per game, 8.0 rebounds per game and 2.0 blocks per game.
Pelle was drafted 44th overall in the 1995 NBA Draft by the Denver Nuggets. In 1995 Pelle signed for AEK in the Greek Basket League. In the following season he played for CB Girona where he averaged 10.1 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game in 33 games. Subsequently Pelle played for several teams in Italy, Cyprus, Portugal, Turkey, Germany. Pelle has also played in second tier leagues in the US (ABA, CBA, NBDL and USBL). On September 30, 2002 he signed for the Detroit Pistons as a free agent but he was waived after a few days.
- "Recruit Decides To Join Lappas And The Cats". Philly.com. April 17, 1992. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "FINAL 1991 DIVISION I MEN'S BASKETBALL STATISTICS REPORT Villanova" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "FINAL 1992 DIVISION I MEN'S BASKETBALL STATISTICS REPORT Villanova" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "FINAL 1993 DIVISION I MEN'S BASKETBALL STATISTICS REPORT Villanova" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Villanova Basketball All-Time Steals & Blocks Leaders List". SB Nation. July 28, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Athlete Arrested Over Fight Villanova Basketball Player Anthony Pelle Is Accused Of Breaking Another Student's Nose". Philly.com. May 13, 1993. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "FINAL 1995 DIVISION I MEN'S BASKETBALL STATISTICS REPORT Fresno State" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Historial estadístico Pelle, Anthony" (in Spanish). ACB. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Anthony Pelle" (in Spanish). ACB. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Detroit Pistons transactions". Prosportstransactions.com. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Player profile at USAbasket.com