Anthony Quinn (rugby league)
Quinn posing for a photo.
19 January 1983 |
Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||94 kg (14 st 11 lb)|
|Position||Wing, Centre, Second-row|
As of 22 October 2012
Source: Rugby League Project
Anthony Quinn (born 19 January 1983) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer. He played for the Newcastle Knights and Melbourne Storm in the National Rugby League He primarily played wing and centre, but could also fill in at second-row.
Born in Penrith, New South Wales, Quinn played his junior football for the Valentine-Eleebana Red Devils before being signed by the Newcastle Knights. In Round 1 of the 2002 NRL season he made his NRL debut for the Newcastle Knights against the Northern Eagles. He scored a try on debut.
At the end of 2006, after playing 103 games for the Knights, Quinn signed a 3-year contract with the Melbourne Storm. In his first year at the Storm, he played in the Storm's 2007 NRL Grand Final win over the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles and scored 2 tries in the match.
On 6 September 2013, Quinn re-signed with the Knights on a 1-year contract.
On 24 January 2014, Quinn announced his retirement due to injury.
In 2014, Quinn was signed up as an Australian Apprenticeships Ambassador for the Australian Government.
In 2008, Quinn was selected for New South Wales in Game 1 of the State of Origin series to play Queensland. He scored the first 2 tries of the match and went on to play in the next 2 games of the series.
- "Grand final: As it happened". Fox Sports. 2008-10-05. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 January 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Tradies can earn same as footballers: Anthony Quinn". Australian Apprenticeships. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Liam FitzGibbon (2008-08-01). "Surprises in Kangaroos squad". "Fox Sports News (Australia)". Archived from the original on 8 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- "Veteran Lockyer named in Australian squad". International Herald Tribune. 2008-08-01. Archived from the original on 16 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-02.