Tony Little (headmaster)
Anthony Richard Morell "Tony" Little FRSA (born 1954, Hillingdon) is a British schoolmaster. Little spent seven years as housemaster of Brentwood School, seven years as the headmaster of Chigwell School, six years as headmaster of Oakham School, and 13 years as Head Master of Eton College. As of 2015 he is Chief Education Officer of GEMS Education; he is responsible for ensuring the quality of education across the global chain.
Little was educated at Eton College in Berkshire where he was a music scholar, and at Corpus Christi College at the University of Cambridge where he was a choral scholar and gained an upper second class honours degree in English language and literature. He received a Master of Arts in English as well as Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Distinction) at Homerton College, Cambridge.
Little was an assistant master, teaching English, and then later a housemaster at Tonbridge School in Kent from 1977 to 1982. He served as a housemaster and head of English and drama at Brentwood School, Essex from 1982 to 1989. From 1989 to 1996, Little was headmaster of Chigwell School in Essex. He then served as Headmaster of Oakham School in Rutland from 1996 to 2002.
He is the author of An Intelligent Person's Guide to Education, published by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC in July 2015, ISBN 978-1472913111
- Member of The Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference, 1990–2015
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, 1991
- Honorary Educational Advisor to The World Trust of Janusz Piotrowicz 
- Governor of Westminster School
- Governor of Sevenoaks School
- Governor of Northwood College, 1990 to 1998
- Governor of St Albans School, 1994–2014
- Governor of Oakham School
- Governor of Holyport College 2013–2015
- Governor of the London Academy of Excellence 2011–2015
- Governor of The Windsor Boys' School 1989–2015
- Governor of Norwich School
- Chairman of the Mvumi School Trust 
- "Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "Old boy takes up Eton headship". BBC News. British Broadcasting Company. 25 July 2001. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Clare, John (4 September 2002). "'Opening up Eton is the right thing to do'". London Telegraph. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Coughlan, Sean. "Eton headmaster moves to global school chain". BBC News. 17 Nov 2014.
- Clare, John (24 December 2001). "Tradition with an eye on the future". London Telegraph. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "The World Trust: Trust Officers". .janusz.org. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "Chairman: Tony Little MA". The Trustees. Mvumi School Trust. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- The Importance of Being Eton: Inside the World’s Most Powerful School by Nick Fraser (Short Books, 2006)
|Head Master of Eton College
|This article relating to education in the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|