Anthony Wood (businessman)
|Born||1965/1966 (age 54–55)|
|Education||Texas A&M University|
|Known for||Founder, chairman and CEO of Roku, Inc.|
|Net worth||US$4.0 billion (August 2020)|
Wood grew up in Manchester, England, and then in Georgia and Texas in the United States. Wood earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University. Wood met his wife Susan at Texas A&M University, where she studied environmental design. They have three children, and live in Palo Alto, California.
From September 1997 to August 2001, Wood was president and CEO of ReplayTV, which he sold in 2002 to SONICblue. Wood founded Roku in October 2002, has been the CEO since then, and chairman since February 2008. As of November 2017, Wood owned 27.3% of Roku.
- "This Is the Man Responsible for Your Binge-Watching Addiction". Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Forbes profile: Anthony Wood". Forbes. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- "Management - Roku". Roku. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Executive Profile: Anthony J. Wood". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Trailblazers - True Vision - Texas A&M Foundation Spirit Magazine". Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "How Roku is kicking the cable industry's butt & where it's going next [exclusive] - VentureBeat". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Roku pins TV's future on Internet streaming". Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Salinas, Sara (13 November 2017). "Roku's CEO is now a billionaire after the stock soared 70 percent since earnings". Retrieved 22 June 2019.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|