Anthony de Jasay
Anthony de Jasay
|Died||23 January 2019 (aged 93)|
Anthony de Jasay (15 October 1925 – 23 January 2019) was a Hungarian writer, economist, and philosopher. He studied in Székesfehérvár and Budapest, and obtained a degree in agriculture. He then worked as a freelance journalist, but was forced to flee Hungary after the Communists nationalized his father's property. This, and the events in early 1980s Poland inspired de Jasay to author his first book, The State (1985). He spent two years in Austria, and then emigrated to Australia, where he took classes in economics at the University of Western Australia. He did research at Oxford University and Nuffield College until 1962. He spent the rest of his career publishing articles for the Economic Journal and the Journal of Political Economy, among others.
- de Jasay, Anthony (1985). The State. Basil Blackwell, Ltd. ISBN 0865971714.
- de Jasay, Anthony (1989). Social Contract, Free Ride: A Study of the Public-Goods Problem. Liberty Fund Inc. ISBN 0865977011.
- de Jasay, Anthony (1991). Choice, Contract, Consent: A Restatement of Liberalism. Institute of Economic Affairs. ISBN 0255362463.
- de Jasay, Anthony (1997). Against Politics: On Government, Anarchy and Order. Routledge. ISBN 0415170672.
- de Jasay, Anthony (2010). Political Economy, Concisely: Essays on Policy That Does Not Work and Markets That Do. Liberty Fund Inc. ISBN 0865977771.
- de Jasay, Anthony (2010). Political Philosophy, Clearly: Essays on Freedom and Fairness, Property and Equalities. Liberty Fund Inc. ISBN 0865977836.
- de Jasay, Anthony (2014). Economic Sense and Nonsense: Reflections from Europe, 2008-2012. Liberty Fund Inc. ISBN 0865978786.
- de Jasay, Anthony (2014). Social Justice and the Indian Rope Trick. Liberty Fund Inc. ISBN 0865978859.
- "Für strikte Grenzen des Staates". Neue Zürcher Zeitung (in German). 28 January 2019.
- Schwartz, Karl-Peter (April 11, 2019). "Anthony de Jasay (1925-2019)". The European Conservative. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "Biography". dejasay.org.
- "Fallece Anthony de Jasay: ésta fue su última entrevista en España". Libertad Digital (in Spanish). 27 January 2019.