|OS family||Unix-like (based on Debian)|
|Source model||Open source|
|Latest release||antiX 17.2 "Helen Keller" / October 5, 2018|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux kernel)|
|Default user interface||Fluxbox, IceWM, JWM, herbstluftwm, xfce|
|License||GPL version 2|
antiX is a Linux distribution built directly on Debian Stable. It is comparatively lightweight and suitable for older computers, while also providing cutting edge kernel and applications, as well as updates and additions via the apt-get package system and Debian-compatible repositories.
- Preferred: 256 MB of RAM and 1 GB of hard drive space.
- Minimum: 128 MB of RAM and 1 GB of hard drive space.
- Installation: 2.7 GB of hard drive space.
Besides the standard LIVE release, other versions of antiX are available (base and core), allowing installations with even lower amounts of RAM, hard drive space, overall hardware limitations.
- Full, which installs a full range of applications
- Base, which allows the user to choose their own application suite.
- Core-libre, which enables the user to have total control over the install
These three versions were joined by antiX MX in 2014, developed in cooperation with the MEPIS Community. It uses Xfce as the default desktop environment, is based directly on Debian Stable, is highly stable and gives solid performance from a medium-sized footprint. As of November 2016, MX Linux is now listed as a separate distro on DistroWatch.
antiX is a Linux distribution, originally based on MEPIS, which itself is based on the Debian stable distribution. It initially replaced the MEPIS KDE desktop environment with the Fluxbox and IceWM window managers, making it suitable for older, less powerful x86-based systems. Unlike Debian, antiX is "proudly systemd-free".[This quote needs a citation] systemd does not support old hardware very well due to its virtualization-based development.
|6.5||Spartacus||9 July 2007|
|7.0||Lysistrata||30 October 2007|
|7.2||Vetëvendosje||16 May 2008|
|7.5||Toussaint Louverture||24 August 2008|
|8.0||Intifada!||14 February 2009|
|8.2||Tȟašúŋke Witkó||24 July 2009|
|8.5||Marek Edelman||12 April 2010|
|M11||Jayaben Desai||3 May 2011|
|12||Edelweißpiraten||7 August 2012|
|13||Luddite||2 July 2013|
|MX-14.4||Symbiosis||23 March 2015|
|15||Killah P||30 June 2015|
|MX-15||Fusion||24 December 2015|
|16||Berta Cáceres||26 June 2016|
|17||Heather Heyer||24 October 2017|
|17.1||Heather Heyer||18 March 2018|
|17.2||Helen Keller||05 October 2018|
- "Wiki antiX". antiX official website. antiX. Archived from the original on 29 May 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- Storey, Robert. "Review: antiX M11". DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 434, 5 December 2011. DistroWatch.com. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- 10 Best Lightweight Linux Distributions For Older Computers In 2018 With System Requirements
- Main Page - antiX
- History | MX Community
- AntiX announcements on DistroWatch.com
- Distribution Release: antiX 6.5 (DistroWatch.com News)
- Distribution Release: antiX 7.0 (DistroWatch.com News)
- AntiX Lysistrata 7.0 Available Now!
- Distribution Release: antiX 7.2 (DistroWatch.com News)
- AntiX 7.2 Revives Your Antique Computer
- Distribution Release: antiX 7.5 (DistroWatch.com News)
- AntiX 7.5 Released
- Fast and Light AntiX is Released | MEPIS Linux
- Available Now: AntiX MEPIS 8.0 (Intifada)
- Antix Team does it again with AntiX 8.2 Final | MEPIS Linux
- Distribution Release: antiX 8.2 (DistroWatch.com News)
- AntiX MEPIS 8.2 Released
- Distribution Release: antiX 8.5 (DistroWatch.com News)
- antiX-M11 'Jayaben Desai' released - antiX Forum
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 434, 5 December 2011
- Old News - antiX
- Distribution Release: antiX 12 (DistroWatch.com News)
- A distribution for less-powerful systems: antiX-12 [LWN.net]
- Distribution Release: antiX 13.2 (DistroWatch.com News)
- Give that old computer a boost with antiX Linux, Everyday Linux User
- Distribution Release: antiX 15 (DistroWatch.com News)
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 622, 10 August 2015
- Distribution Release: antiX 16 (DistroWatch.com News)
- antiX-17 released – antiX Linux
- antiX-17.1 released – antiX Linux
- "antiX-17.2 released – antiX Linux". antixlinux.com. Retrieved 2018-11-07.