|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Original line up consisted of Phil, George, Dom and Dave damned on vocals, following their first gig at the Palm Cove in Bradford, dave Damned was replaced by Nogsy. Formed in Bradford in 1981, with a line-up of Phil(Drums), George(Bass), Nogsy (Vocals) and Dom Watts (Guitar) the band recorded a demo whose tracks found their way onto a Pax Records compilation. Their debut release was the five-track 'Defence of the Realm' EP which was followed (on Reconciliation Records after the closure of Pax Records) with the 'No Laughing Matter' album and the 12" 'A Look at Life' EP.
Like some other anarcho-punk bands of the time the band were promoters of animal rights causes, their debut EP being a benefit for animal welfare groups and prior to the recording of the A Look at Life EP there was a necessity for a new line-up as two of the original members had been imprisoned for various animal rights actions. Mark Keane and Michael Teale were imprisoned in 1986, shortly after recording A Look at Life.
- 82 Demo (Self Release, 1982)
- In Defence of the Realm (EP, Pax Records, 1983)
- No Laughing Matter (LP, Reconcile, 1985)
- A Look at Life (12", Reconcile, 1986)
- Live At Sheffield Marples LP - Unreleased
- Split 7" w/MORBID HUMOUR (Reconcile, 1986)
Appearances on compilations
- Punk Dead? Nah Mate, The Smell is Jus Summink in Yer Underpants Innit (Pax Records, 1982)
- Tracks - Man's World, Aftermath
- Bollox to the Gonads - Here's the Testicles (Pax Records, 1984)
- Tracks - Schoolboy, Why Should it Happen
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|