Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up anticipation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Anticipation is an emotion involving pleasure in considering some expected or longed-for good event, or irritation at having to wait.
Anticipation may also refer to:
In media and entertainment
- Anticipation (video game), a 1988 game for the Nintendo Entertainment System
- Anticipation (advertisement) a 1994–1995 advertising campaign for Guinness
- The 67th World Science Fiction Convention, also known as Anticipation, a 2009 science fiction convention held in Montreal
- Anticipation, is a psychic ability that Odd Della Robbia possessed in the first season of Code Lyoko; an ability he also called "future flash."
- Anticipation (Carly Simon album), 1971
- "Anticipation" (song), the title track of this album
- Anticipation (Lewis Black album), 2008
- Anticipation (Josh Nelson album), 2004
- Anticipation (Trey Songz album)
- Anticipation, a type of nonchord tone
In other uses
- Anticipation (animation), a principle in animation that a movement needs a preparatory movement as an anticipation for the actual movement
- Anticipation (artificial intelligence), the concept of an agent making decisions
- Anticipation (genetics), where the severity of a genetic disorder increases with each generation
- In the U.S., when one prior art reference or event discloses all the features of a claim, see novelty
- "Anticipating", a 2002 song by Britney Spears
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anticipation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.