|Look up antisymmetric in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Antisymmetric or skew-symmetric may refer to:
- Antisymmetry in linguistics
- Antisymmetric relation in mathematics
- Skew-symmetric graph
- Self-complementary graph
In mathematics, especially linear algebra, and in theoretical physics, the adjective antisymmetric (or skew-symmetric) is used for matrices, tensors, and other objects that change sign if an appropriate operation (e.g. matrix transposition) is performed. See:
- Skew-symmetric matrix (a matrix A for which AT = −A)
- Skew-symmetric bilinear form is a bilinear form B such that B(x, y) = −B(y, x) for all x and y.
- Antisymmetric tensor in matrices and index subsets.
- "antisymmetric function" – odd function
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Antisymmetric.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.