Theatrical release poster with original release date
|Directed by||Scott Cooper|
|Based on||"The Quiet Boy"|
by Nick Antosca
|Music by||Javier Navarrete|
|Edited by||Dylan Tichenor|
|Distributed by||Searchlight Pictures|
Antlers is an upcoming supernatural horror film co-written and directed by Scott Cooper and starring Keri Russell, Jesse Plemons, Jeremy T. Thomas, Graham Greene, Scott Haze, Rory Cochrane, and Amy Madigan. It follows a school teacher and her police officer brother in a small Oregon town, where they become convinced one of her students is concealing a supernatural creature. The screenplay, written by C. Henry Chaisson, Nick Antosca, and Cooper, was adapted from Antosca's short story "The Quiet Boy", originally published in Guernica magazine in January 2019.
Julia Meadows (Keri Russell), a school teacher in a small town in Oregon, and her brother, Paul (Jesse Plemons), the local sheriff, become concerned about one of her students, a young boy named Lucas Weaver (Jeremy T. Thomas) who is keeping a supernatural creature in his house.
- Keri Russell as Julia Meadows
- Katelyn Peterson as young Julia Meadows
- Jesse Plemons as Paul Meadows
- Jeremy T. Thomas as Lucas Weaver
- Graham Greene as Warren Stokes
- Scott Haze as Frank Weaver
- Rory Cochrane as Dan Lecroy
- Amy Madigan as Principal Booth
- Cody Davis as Clint
- Sawyer Jones as Aiden Weaver
- Jake T. Roberts as a forensic officer
In July 2018, it was announced that Guillermo del Toro would produce Antlers, a film to be directed by Scott Cooper with Keri Russell in negotiations to star. It was planned to begin filming in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada by the fourth quarter of 2018. In August 2018, Jesse Plemons joined the cast. In October 2018, Jeremy T. Thomas, Graham Greene, Amy Madigan, Scott Haze, and Rory Cochrane joined the cast.
- "The Quiet Boy". Guernica. January 28, 2019. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Rubin, Rebecca (July 23, 2020). "'Star Wars' Films, 'Avatar' Sequels Pushed Back a Year in Disney Release Calendar Shakeup". Variety. Retrieved July 23, 2020.
- Erbland, Kate (August 20, 2019). "'Antlers' First Trailer: Scott Cooper and Guillermo del Toro Bring Supernatural Terror to a Small Town". IndieWire. Retrieved February 7, 2020.
- "Keri Russell in Talks to Star in Guillermo del Toro-Produced Thriller 'Antlers' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Kroll, Justin (August 14, 2018). "Jesse Plemons to Co-Star With Keri Russell in Scott Cooper's 'Antlers' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved April 22, 2020.
- Hipes, Patrick (October 1, 2018). "Graham Greene, Amy Madigan, Scott Haze Join Scott Cooper's Horror Thriller 'Antlers'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- "Scott Cooper's Horror Film Antlers Begins Production". ComingSoon.net. October 1, 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Stevens, Michael. "Vancouver Film - "Antlers", "The 100", "Siren"". Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- "UPDATE: Scott Cooper's 'Antlers' Produced By Guillermo del Toro Shoots October–November In Vancouver". GWW. August 13, 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (July 23, 2020). "'Mulan' Off The Calendar; Disney Also Delays 'Avatar' & 'Star Wars' Movies By One Year As Studio Adjusts To Pandemic". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 23, 2020.
- Frazer, Harry (October 23, 2019). "'Antlers' Trailer: Scott Cooper's Terrifying Horror Finds Cannibals Terrorizing A Small Town". ThePlaylist. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- Galuppo, Mia (March 12, 2020). "'Mulan' Release Pushed Back Amid Coronavirus Pandemic". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 12, 2020.