Diot warming-up with Paris-Levallois Basket in 2012
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|League||LNB Pro A|
|Born||January 17, 1989|
|Listed height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Listed weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Antoine Camille Diot (born January 17, 1989) is a French professional basketball player for ASVEL Basket of the LNB Pro A. Standing at 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in), he plays at the point guard position. He also represents the French national basketball team.
Diot began playing basketball with the youth teams of the French club JL Bourg en Bresse. He then played with Centre Fédéral, in the French 3rd-tier level league, the NM1, from 2004 to 2007. He began his professional career in 2007, with the French 1st-tier level Pro A League club, Le Mans. He moved to the French club Paris-Levallois Basket in 2012.
On July 1, 2013, Diot signed a two-year deal with the French Pro A team Strasbourg IG, with an opt-out clause after the first year. He was voted the French League French Player's MVP in 2014. In June 2014, he opted to remain with the team for one more season. He was voted the French Leaders Cup MVP in 2015.
On July 10, 2015, he signed a two-year contract with the Spanish ACB team Valencia Basket. With Valencia, he won the Spanish League 2016–17 season championship. On July 5, 2017, he signed a two-year contract extension with Valencia.
National team career
Diot was a member of the French junior national teams. With France's junior national teams, he played at the following tournaments: the 2004 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship, where he won a gold medal, the 2005 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship, where he won a silver medal, and was named the tournament's MVP, the 2006 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship, where he won a gold medal, the 2007 FIBA Under-19 World Championship, where he won a bronze medal, the 2007 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship, the 2008 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, and the 2009 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, where he won a gold medal, and was named to the All-Tournament Team.
Diot then became a member of the senior men's French national basketball team. With France's senior national team, he has played at the following major tournaments: the EuroBasket 2009, the EuroBasket 2013, where he won a gold medal, the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, where he won a silver medal, and the 2016 Summer Olympics.
French senior national team stats
|2014 World Cup||9||6.9||2.6||2.3|
|2016 Olympics Qualification||4||4.8||0.8||0.5|
|2016 Summer Olympics||6||4.0||1.0||1.0|
- "Strasbourg signs Antoine Diot to a two-year deal". sportando.com. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Antoine Diot reste à la SIG". sigbasket.fr (in French). Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Valencia signs Antoine Diot to a two-year contract". sportando.com. 10 July 2015. Archived from the original on 11 July 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Valencia re-signs combo guard Diot". Euroleague.net. 5 July 2017. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Antoine Diot at acb.com ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Antoine Diot at draftexpress.com
- Antoine Diot at eurobasket.com
- Antoine Diot at euroleague.net
- Antoine Diot at fiba.com (archive)
- Antoine Diot at fibaeurope.com
- Antoine Diot at lnb.fr ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Antoine Diot at the Comité National Olympique et Sportif Français (in French)
- Antoine Diot at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Antoine Diot on Instagram
- Antoine Diot on Facebook