September 11, 1962|
|Known for||French businessman|
Antoine Rostand (born 1962 in Paris) is a French businessman.
In the oil and gas industry
Rostand started his career with Schlumberger in 1986 as a wireline field engineer. He then went to INSEAD for one year, earning an MBA in 1989. He was the global managing director of Schlumberger Business Consulting (SBC) and led SBC since its formation in 2004.
In the consulting industry
In 1990, Rostand joined ICME, a Switzerland-based strategy consulting firm with operations in Germany and France, where he advised companies such as Total, France Telecom, Alcatel, Thomson and insurer CNP on their post-merger integration. In 1996, he joined management consulting firm AT Kearney, which at the time belonged to Electronic Data Systems (EDS). As an AT Kearney Partner, he advised EDS France as it refocused its strategy in a context of increasing computerization of French companies. This role subsequently led to his appointment as CEO of EDS France.
In the technology industry
From 1999 to 2002, Rostand was President and Chief Executive Officer of Electronic Data Systems (EDS) France, which is now known as HP Enterprise Services. His role notably included helping clients to address the Year 2000 Problem, and supporting the growth of the Internet and mobile markets in France. Despite a period of lower IT investments, Rostand succeeded in doubling the revenue of EDS France between 1999 and 2002. and in making strategic acquisitions, such as Answare.
Back in the energy industry
Rostand returned to Schlumberger in 2002 to oversee the integration of Schlumberger’s acquisition of IT services company SEMA Group. He founded Schlumberger Business Consulting in 2004 as a dedicated consulting division within Schlumberger, with the idea that energy clients’ specific needs could be better met through an approach combining management consulting with the understanding of engineering and technical issues.
In 2016, Antoine Rostand, Jean-Michel Lasry, Alexandre d’Aspremont, Laurent El Ghaoui, and Antoine Halff founded Kayrros, a Paris based energy research start-up that provides predictive data analytics for energy markets to allow accurate assessments and forecasts. Rostand serves as the president of Kayrros.
Thought leadership and engagement
In 2004, he contributed to the book, “CEO: Chief European Officer — Business Leadership in Europe,” edited by Robert Gogel.
In 2011, Rostand led the launch of the SBC Energy Institute, now known as AT Kearney Energy Transition Institute, a research group to generate and promote understanding of the technologies needed to provide a safe, secure and reliable energy mix in the transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy sources. A nonprofit organization based in the Netherlands, the Energy Transition Institute provides academia, investors, regulators, media, customers, employees, and the general public with facts and data, to promote understanding of technology maturity, development priorities and deployment rationales. Rostand is one of eight board members of the Institute; Claude Mandil and Adnan Shihab-Eldin are among the board members.
Rostand regularly presents at international conferences, including those hosted by the OECD, OPEC, International Energy Agency, Harvard University and London Business School. He also speaks on the topics of technology and oil and gas at industry events, including the 2014 Oxford Energy Seminar, the Energy Summit 2015, Oil and Money Conference 2017, and 2018 Credit Suisse Energy Summit.
- "Executive Nominations" (in French). Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Helman, Christopher (8 December 2009). "Forbes Magazine".
- Cobb, John (18 September 2006). "Bloomberg".
- "Journal du Net". 13 January 2000.
- "Les Echos" (in French). 8 June 2004.[permanent dead link]
- "01 Net" (in French). 8 February 2002. Archived from the original on 27 April 2015.
- "01 Net". 21 December 2001.
- "The Telegraph". 23 September 2003.
- "Les Echos". 25 January 2010.
- Jakab, Spencer (2017-09-19). "Unfinished Business: Why Oil Output May Surprise". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Bottlenecks Are Holding Back a Second Shale Boom". The American Interest. 2017-07-25. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "New York Times". 13 November 2004.
- "Press Release, ETI". www.energy-transition-institute.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "World Oil". 21 June 2011.
- "About Us, ETI". www.energy-transition-institute.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Harvard African Development Conference". 3 April 2015.
- "Oxford Energy Seminar 2015". www.oxfordenergyseminar.org. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "The Energy Summit 2015 - Speaker" (PDF).
- Energy Intelligence (2017-10-18), Oil & Money | Antoine Rostand, retrieved 2018-07-03
- "23rd Annual Energy Summit". www.credit-suisse.com (in home). Retrieved 2018-07-03.